Truck acting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wallacehugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2012 ram RT has 14,000 miles and has always run perfectly. Two week ago, after driving 20-25 miles, it began by feeling as though I had a flat tire or a wheel out of balance. Then the engine felt as if it was shutting down, lose of power, shudders, decline in gas mileage but still was running. Limped to dealership after a half day inspection, they found no problem. Drove the truck again yesterday and the same thing happened. Any suggestions?

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Next time it happens take notice if the check engine light flashes rapidly and then goes out. That is a very bad sign. It usually means that the way the engine is running could cause damage to the catalytic converter. If you see that, tell the dealership. It'll give them a direction to go.

It happen to my '14 Ram and it didn't leave a code either. The symptoms were the same to.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
These can be difficult to nail down, have to go back to basics, gas,air,spark.

Fuel Filter maybe
clogged injectors
Ignition- something that often wont through a code
check air filter, if it is not too dusty try driving around without your air filter.
you are on original battery? can test amperage at tire store.

Can do a uoa see if any fuel in oil.

With such low miles, I would say something is wrong for sure, and those are some of the items that wont throw a cel.

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
Apparently you have never seen what ethanol gas does when it sits for months on end?
No I'm agreeing with you brother. The laugh was because of the image of that age truck with the old gas in it, not because I am making fun of what you said. Yes old gas especially ethanol can mess some stuff up. Was meant to be a compliment. Sorry for the confusion.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No I'm agreeing with you brother. The laugh was because of the image of that age truck with the old gas in it, not because I am making fun of what you said. Yes old gas especially ethanol can mess some stuff up. Was meant to be a compliment. Sorry for the confusion.
I got you on that one, we all would never have a problem with bad gas. We use it too quick. And also the low miles would immediately make many of us go immediately to something being wrong with file sitting for an extended period of time. And much of that might not throw a code.

If the truck was sitting for an extended period of time with same gas, may need to drain it, clean out system from front to back. Regular running including driving at highway speeds and cycling to new gas (don't just add and mix old and new gas) is essential to keeping a vehicle in great shape for many years. Only way my family has kept everything from a '62 Corvette to a 2003 Ram to a new Ram running in top shape.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Find a new mechanic who knows his ass from a hole in the ground!

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Then I apologize.
I owe you a beer!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca