Truck stuck in D 1 status?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013-ram3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I ordered a new 2013 ram 3500 Laramie with the cummins on march 12 th. only received 2 emails from the VOTS. Last one said it was scheduled for production . I received that 7 days after the order was accepted. I called my dealer on April 8 th. their system showed it was scheduled to ship on Friday April 12th. Surprised as I was, I called today to be told that it did not ship and it is showing a D 1 status which is final stages of production? Is there a parts shortage or a recall on the 3500 already that would be delaying its shipment?

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I think that the more popular these trucks become, the more delays you will see.

OP
OP
2013-ram3500

2013-ram3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I don't mind delays, but I need a straight answer! Dealer said 8 weeks from build to delivery, and VOTS is horrible on keeping you informed, while my dealer says its in production? Wondering if I made a mistake coming back to DODGE or RAM ? Haven't bought a new dodge since 1994! Always been GMC or CHEVY. Here we are half way through 2013 (almost). And they are finally starting to get these newly updated HD trucks produced and delivered. They have been hush hush in releasing their delay reasons! Makes me wonder if there are problems that they didn't anticipate with these trucks. Perhaps I should have stuck with my original idea of the 2014 Silverado HD?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I don't think staying with Gub'mnt motors would have been a good decision. :chair:

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bought my 2012 on a Black Friday special which they had to look for what I was asking for (white express quad cab 2wd) they found it same day but took 2weeks to get the truck from Washington area to Virginia Beach. Dealer told 3 days, so I called and he said the dealership had to work out a deal since they were swapping trucks from each others lots. Longest wait of my life!