truck wont pass smog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
so my 2010 dodge ram truck wont pass smog again ! last time replace with dodge parts new dodge oxen sensors 4 drove 70 mile s pass ok now it say inc sensors not seen so is computer shot ? feel not relearning have problems getting fix ! thanks no codes or trouble light dealer acting lost not fix still 2 weeks drove 450 miles so sucks not working now to pass smog have scan tool said inc on the i/m 1400 miles on new sensors 65,000 on truck dealer cant fit under warranty power Tran soooo sucks I feel iy needs replacement ?

Last edited:

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
70 miles may not be enough if it doesnt do it by 150-200 miles then i would say you have some issues is the truck throwing any codes? any issues?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
so my 2010 dodge ram truck wont pass smog again ! last time replace with dodge parts oxen sensors 4 drove 70 mile s pass ok now it say inc sensors not seen so is computer shot ? feel not relearning have problems getting fix ! thanks
you mean just because it has CEL's? Clean the sensors usually all that is needed.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Depends on which code you get whether you can clean it or not.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you can drive your truck to a Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance Auto Parts.
You can ask them if they will use their Scan Tool to check for Trouble Codes, if they will, ask for a list of codes that come up.

You can ask them if they if they are able to run a check on the

The (I/M) Monitor Status icons are associated with Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) Readiness Status. Some states require that all vehicle Monitors have run and completed their diagnostic testing before a vehicle can be tested for Emissions (Smog Check)

In California, auto parts stores can't fix things involving Smog, but they could give advice & sell parts.

Then when a possibly bad part is fixed, usually a DRIVE CYCLE is needed.

First step, have your gas tank between 1/3 to 3/4 full
Have a fairly recent Motor Oil Change
Bring the engine up to operating temperature
Check your tire pressure

Do a Drive Cycle, similar to this

If you don't have a tool to check the I/M Status, you will have to borrow one, or go to a friend that works on vehicles, or pay a shop $$

some Scan Tools for $50 or less, that will check the I/M status

Last edited:
OP
OP
scott lass 18

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
thank you all for your help ! I order a better scan tool to check my self if they cant do it ! calling dodge isn't helping at all so sad I love my truck a alot scott