Trucks getting old !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Problem in a wire harness. I'll get it fixed eventually. Just too busy with work at the moment. Turned out to be a good idea to keep the old truck for a while till I get the bugs out of the new one.

OP
OP
rgenereux420

rgenereux420

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SPORT
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The guy who bought my 03 years ago is getting close to 300k miles (480,000kms) and has replaced an alternator, ball joints and tie rods, tires and brakes.

I've owned my 2016 for 2 years and 1 month and I'm disgusted with myself. Lol. Trying to hold out for the 19's which are due for release in two months where I am....... Fighting myself hard against buying an 18 and driving it for 8 months.. Tough call.
Hold out for the 2019 s ! They look good

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just turned 98k on my 2014. Sure I'd like a bright shiny new truck but there isn't a damn thing wrong with the one I have and it's set up how I want it. I have 2 years left on my note but the goal is to have it paid in less than 1. Sure am looking forward to 2 or 3 years of payment free driving and then trade for another truck someone turned in off lease while saving a good chuck of money on basically a brand new truck.

Old is subjective and it's your money but I can't understand how guys with a perfectly good car or truck and no mechanical issues want to get into a new payment and many times by rolling negative equity into the new loan. That's just crazy. On the other hand if you have the CASH$$$ have fun with it. **** I'd have a hell cat in my driveway just to do smoke shows for the neighbor kids if I could afford it. Lol

demort71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are just using it as a daily driver, then not much maintenance other than air/oil filter and engine oil changes. I have a 04 Ram 1500 Rumble Bee with 99K miles on it and it still drives and runs great. Doubt if the trans fluid was ever changed. I just bought it 3 months ago. The 5.7L Hemi drive train still performs great and its 4WD.

I have had good luck with both front and RWD modern Mopars I have owned-cars and trucks. 50K miles is nothing to worry about. I would expect it to run like new!

redrumram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn
Engine
5.7 hemi
my 2012 has 58,000 kilometers and runs as new -just had it krown treated today as I do annually and you would think it just came off the lot. Treat it right -wash-oil changes etc- and I am sure it will last longer than than my f-150 did. And its a much more enjoyable and faster ride!!!