Tuning Hemifever vs Greene?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LDBagger17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 2012 RCSB with long tubes, CAI, 6.4 intake manifold, throttle body, gears & posi. I wanting to know if anyone has personal experience with both Hemifever and Jay Greene tunes, your preference and why?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have an 2012 RCSB with long tubes, CAI, 6.4 intake manifold, throttle body, gears & posi. I wanting to know if anyone has personal experience with both Hemifever and Jay Greene tunes, your preference and why?

Are you bored, how to start a war in 20 words or less.lol. Both are very capable tuners.Talk to both see which one gives you the best warm and fuzzy feeling and go from there.BTW Ryan Hogan of Flying Ryan Performance also has a very good rep as a tuner,so talk to him also. Jeremy Satera is also another big name in the Hemi tuning world,and is who Paramount uses for their 8 speed transmission tuning.If you're Canadian Chris Zelinski of Player 3 Performance tuning is another good tuner.Johan out of NY is one of the best if not the best hemi tuner,but he's so busy with big names,us peons have a hard time getting ahold of him,then theres AJ Berg (sp?) another big name hemi tuner

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have both. Both are extremely easy to work with. Both are very accommodating and have made many revisions to my tunes without question. Both have answered many noob questions I've had in the beginning. Both are simply great tuners.

Sounds like you have a tuner already and are looking for custom tuning? Like @Wild one said, this is a touchy subject and there are many tuners out there who are extremely capable and do a great job. I have yet to see one being "better" than the other.

One thing I can guarantee is no matter who you choose, it will be better than the stock tune.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with Rick and Hemi395--questions like this start a **** fight every time. All tuners have their own following and they are usually pretty vocal about their opinions. My suggestion is to decide what you think you want the results to be then interview each one of them and see which one sounds like they will do the best job for you. Communication between you and your tuner is really important for a successful outcome. Each one Rick listed is a good tuner--past that it's just personal preference.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just asking a question, not trying to start a **** storm or anything just don't which way I wanted to go.

These days i'd almost go with Ryan Hogan,as the other 2 you mentioned have very full plates on their hands ,and Ryan is just starting to get a very good rep,but isn't nearly as busy as the other 2 "yet". You want a tuner who will be able to spend a little more time tuning your combination in my opinion.Both Jay and Sean are excellent tuners,but there's a limit to the amount of time either one can devote to your truck in a day.Only so many working hours in a day,lol.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve been tuned by Jay for almost 2 years. Zero issues and for my 6000lb crew cab, my track times are pretty impressive. Rick (Wild Man) calls my truck the sleeper lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’ve been tuned by Jay for almost 2 years. Zero issues and for my 6000lb crew cab, my track times are pretty impressive. Rick (Wild Man) calls my truck the sleeper lol

That damn monster of your's shouldn't be anywhere near as fast as it is,lol.When are you gonna put a small 75 shot on it Jeremy,that's at least a 1/2 sec or more,lol.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That damn monster of your's shouldn't be anywhere near as fast as it is,lol.When are you gonna put a small 75 shot on it Jeremy,that's at least a 1/2 sec or more,lol.
We shall see. I want to do a converter first. Then a little shot

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
We shall see. I want to do a converter first. Then a little shot

Do the nitrous first,you might not want a convertor as much afterwards,lol.Nitrous creates instant cylinder pressure which is torque,and will make your stock convertor flash a little higher if you use it right off launch.My truck 60fts 1.50's with a stock convertor.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Would take Rick's advice on not doing the convertor now especially if you have the 8-speed.
Stall would not be necessary unless going to larger cam which would reduce bottom end torque thus the need for stall to get RPMs up for launch.
If 6-speed then yes on stall if geared 3.92 or under.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve run both, no complaints with either. As previously stated, you can’t really go wrong with either, I’ve received the same great customer experience from both (lots of questions answered, revisions made). I won’t name names but some of who I believe would be considered respected members here have posted some sound advice on these 2 guys as well as some others options available............

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Both are great tuners, I recommend Jay for personal reasons, but I was also very happy with my HF tune.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
How do I get ahold of/find out more about the Jay Greene tunes? Hemifever is easy enough to find, and his Stage 1 tunes are $200. Curious as to what Jay charges for a Stage 1 tune.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How do I get ahold of/find out more about the Jay Greene tunes? Hemifever is easy enough to find, and his Stage 1 tunes are $200. Curious as to what Jay charges for a Stage 1 tune.
You either have to get ahold of him on Facebook or email him directly. As far as I know he doesn't have a website .....

Gohawks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt Brown at Deamon Motorsports will take good care of you.
Make sure you take the time to talk to a few of them about your tuning needs.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would take Rick's advice on not doing the convertor now especially if you have the 8-speed.
Stall would not be necessary unless going to larger cam which would reduce bottom end torque thus the need for stall to get RPMs up for launch.
If 6-speed then yes on stall if geared 3.92 or under.
My truck is full bolt on and cammed. A converter would do well with my truck with my cam and the weight of my truck alone.