Turn on only the seat back heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AFIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
currently driving a 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the heated seats. One thing is miss from my Tahoe is the ability to turn on only the heater for the back of the seat (lumbar). My back is pretty much shot. So on long trips would like the ability to heat my back without cooking my legs and rear end. Has anybody figured out how to do this on our trucks? Is it possible to disconnect the bottom heater and the back still work? Or am I the only one who wants to do this?

Yes I have tried searching the forums, but haven’t found anything to match what I’m attempting.

TIA

Tom

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I, too, would like this feature. I pulled my drivers seat out and unplugged the seat bottom heater which caused the heater to not function at all when I tried it. That was the end of my investigation.

OP
OP
A

AFIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. That answers one of the questions. I guess not that many people use their seat heaters the way we are thinking‍♂️

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
currently driving a 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the heated seats. One thing is miss from my Tahoe is the ability to turn on only the heater for the back of the seat (lumbar).
That is one feature GM got right with the Yukon/Takoe/Surburbans. The good news is the latest generation of the RAM has added one more temperature set point (three instead of two) but still no way to control the bottom from the back.