u-joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are the driveshaft u-joints the same as the front axle u-joints. i have to change a few. did some research but still not sure.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Welcome to RF!

No the front axle joints are unique...at least if you have a 1500. Your info on your truck is a bit vague. But if you have a 1500 I can assure you the front wheel jonts are different than either driveshaft. I've changed plenty.

Scoot on over to our Vendor section, click on the Rockauto link and browse thier catalog.
That should help you. If not post back here, but we'll need to know a bit more about your truck?

Last edited:

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I guess I should have read/explained my self better. lol Chaning them is the same idea as changing any other u joint. But they will be a different part number....my bad

OP
OP
M

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
alright i figured there would be different part numbers. summitracing has a couple different ones just says universal instead of driveshaft or front axle. still looking at the rock auto portion of the forum.

OP
OP
M

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the help. im gonna start using rockauto for quite a few parts now.