UAQ high volume sound quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When playing at higher levels for a period of time, really anything more the a minute or 2 the sound quality starts to diminish almost like it was when the terrible update came out just not as bad. Its almost like the unit has a protection built into the programming now but I do not believe it does. I'm running a 4 channel and a mono amp to the speakers and sub through a lc6 which hasn't changed since install. Wondering if another update has released since the "fix" update came out or if others are having the problem also

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually, it seems the frequency response of the stock headunit's just suck. I know you're asking something different than this, but they seems to have bass limits., like a built in high pass crossover around 45-50hz.

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually, it seems the frequency response of the stock headunit's just suck. I know you're asking something different than this, but they seems to have bass limits., like a built in high pass crossover around 45-50hz.
The audio control helps alot with that but it's not like a cut off. Just diminished quality at higher levels. Funny thing though for about 20 min after a battery swap the quality was great then went right back

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Sounds like something is getting hot in the radio. The radio is not in a good spot for cooling and they have paltry fins on them. Perhaps try a fan mounted to the metal bracket behind the radio to help move air over what little fins it has to keep it cooler. Alternatively, there are A/C ducts on each side of the radio with plenty of cool air in them. Perhaps cutting a hole in them and adding some ducting to divert some of the cool air to the radio.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Have you checked the setting, can't remember what it's called, but has 3 settings for auto volume control to compensate for road noise. I leave mine on 3, but when I had the lc2i loc, always had fluctuations in sound until I got the amp pro ch41.