UConnect 5.0-Back Up Camera Ready

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well after reading all the previous post I am ready to order what I need to add backup to my 2014 Bighorn Quad Cab. I have the power locking tailgate and my vin is 1C6RR6GT8ES222143 can you tell me what I will need to get and if this will work for me, Thanks in advance.

You'll need to get the backup camera kit from All Mopar Parts and the quad cab length harness from Ram Harness. Then all you need it the time/patience to install it and the dealer to flash the sales code.

VTXnME

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, I've got a 2014 Express1500, I'm wondering if my 5.0 RA2 uconnect radio will work?

Are the connections all in the tailgate or do I run wiring back to the radio unit? (apologies if this has been answered already):favorites13:

I do have the locking tailgate. . . Is it as simple as replacing with camera handle/hooking up and having dealer flash? Not sure I'm capable of running all the wires in the write up otherwise.

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey all, I've got a 2014 Express1500, I'm wondering if my 5.0 RA2 uconnect radio will work?

Are the connections all in the tailgate or do I run wiring back to the radio unit? (apologies if this has been answered already):favorites13:

I do have the locking tailgate. . . Is it as simple as replacing with camera handle/hooking up and having dealer flash? Not sure I'm capable of running all the wires in the write up otherwise.

You will still need to wire chassis and cab.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
Jeepguy,

I know in another thread you mentioned MOPAR is producing a kit now. But is that a kit as well put together as yours? I'm not ready to buy mine yet but I'm afraid when I get ready you won't be making your harness anymore. Was just curious what you knew about it.

nbbowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 3.0 screen in my 2014 express . So I am looking on eBay for the 5.0 .. Now my question is it direct plug in play .. Also I found several back up cameras so all I would need is the new harness correct ?

anglerext

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey folks..2014 express. 5.0 screen. The dealer "owed" me some service due to some screw ups on the delivery of my vehicle. I asked if my truck was pre-wired for the back up camera, and they indicated it was. they originally offered me 3 years of oil changes but asked if I would prefer back up cam. I went with the cam..2 days later they call and say truck is ready..Cool! I go out to truck and see that the cam is in mirror not on the screen, the screen turns blue but no cam, the screen says "check surroundinds" just as it does in the mirror? Go back in and say they had difficulty installing so had to put in new mirror? I also now lost my voice capability's? I have read through this post and am kinda confused. If the screen now turns blue is it something the dealer missed? I am thinking the install of a new back up mirror is whats making me lose the voice/bluetooth. i can hear the caller but they can not hear me?

Any help would be appreciated!

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey folks..2014 express. 5.0 screen. The dealer "owed" me some service due to some screw ups on the delivery of my vehicle. I asked if my truck was pre-wired for the back up camera, and they indicated it was. they originally offered me 3 years of oil changes but asked if I would prefer back up cam. I went with the cam..2 days later they call and say truck is ready..Cool! I go out to truck and see that the cam is in mirror not on the screen, the screen turns blue but no cam, the screen says "check surroundinds" just as it does in the mirror? Go back in and say they had difficulty installing so had to put in new mirror? I also now lost my voice capability's? I have read through this post and am kinda confused. If the screen now turns blue is it something the dealer missed? I am thinking the install of a new back up mirror is whats making me lose the voice/bluetooth. i can hear the caller but they can not hear me?

The Mopar mirror deletes the hands free mic.

anglerext

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks jeepguy! So there is not a way for them to flash it and have it appear on the screen? Soo my options are to have it in the rear view and lose my voice capability or remove cam and get voice back????

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks jeepguy! So there is not a way for them to flash it and have it appear on the screen? Soo my options are to have it in the rear view and lose my voice capability or remove cam and get voice back????

Or you can add my harness, put your old mirror in, and keep everything. You cam would be in the radio. You already have the flash.

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
RadioPic_zps038c835e.jpg
It works great! Thanks jeepguy for the harness! Another very happy customer!

Canadian Ram owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I can no longer find VIN specific diagrams for the 2014 models. They used to have them and when I looked up the Express, it looked like it was compatible with my standard harness. I assume that would be true for your truck as well. However, you're probably better off taking a picture of your chassis connector, under the left front wheel well. That will allow me to tell you for sure which harness you need.

Hello Jeepguy, I was asking you which harness to order from you a while back. Now I think I am ready to go ahead and do the upgrade. Attached is a pic of the male side of the body harness by LF wheel, and male side of plug by ebrake in cab. Any help would be appriceated.

Thanks

Attachments

• plug 1.jpg
    plug 1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 101
  • plug 2.jpg
    plug 2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 71

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Hello Jeepguy, I was asking you which harness to order from you a while back. Now I think I am ready to go ahead and do the upgrade. Attached is a pic of the male side of the body harness by LF wheel, and male side of plug by ebrake in cab. Any help would be appriceated.

Thanks

I hate to tell you this buy jeepguy gas passed away.

Getitdone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Back up camera ready

How did you confirm your touch screen was back up ready.