UConnect 8.4A Screen Protector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone put a screen protector on their UConnect 8.4A and if so what did you use? Thanks!

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
So far, I've left the factory screen protector on. I'll take it off when it gets bad.

OP
OP
T

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I've done the same thing but mine showed up bent on the corner plus I'd rather have a more permanent solution (that's also clearer).

OP
OP
T

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like I need to find a device that has the same measurements that already has a pre-made screen protector. Since my screen is used as my backup (reverse) camera the last thing I want is to scratch it up and ruin the clarity.

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
IMO you shouldnt need one. The factory screen protector is made out of a soft film and is only there so the screen doesnt get scratched during assembly, QC, and transport. You can get away with keeping it on the screen because it is so soft. If you were to get a normal screen protector for a tablet or something etc I would think that it may be thick enough to dull down your inputs to the touch screen. A cell phone or tablet etc benefits from a screen protector because they constantly have a cover on and off the screen or can be layed down/slid around on surfaces that can scratch them. The only way you are going to scratch a screen on a navigation unit is if you stick your finger in mud and then rub it all over the unit.

Also you mentioned the last thing you want is your image quality to decrease. If you put a screen protector on it surely will as even the anti-glare ones dilute the picture and still have some glare. Good luck with whatever you decide but if it was me I would leave it alone.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Buy a Zagg for an iPad or another large tablet and cut it down.

Once my OEM one comes off, I won't put anything on it except to clean it with some Adams glass cleaner.

Sparky0217701

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Reference: U connect 8.4 screen protectors
I recently purchased a RAM 2014 with U connect 8.4 screen
it took me a day or so but I located them at Photodon.com or Photodon.LLC
I purchased the one that is 85% glair free, got 2 for 12.85 plus standard usps shipping of 3.50. received them within 3 days. Installation was very easy since I didn't remove the temporary screen cover. Went very smooth
very satisfied so far its been on for three days now. Check it out, let me know how you like them.:)

Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Try Amazon

I found a few options on Amazon.com I also like the idea on one comment using an iPad screen protector and cutting it to fit.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
You really don't need one unless you plan on using a wrench or something on it instead of your finger

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I bought a screen protector for a Challenger with an 8.4" screen. Worked perfectly. In fact, I forgot I had it on until I saw this message. The thin plastic cover that was on the screen from the factory had large bubbles in it. It was temporary anyways, which is why I replaced it with the Challenger screen protector.