Uh oh!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SgtNuzza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I pulled out of my drive way this morning and engaged the 4 wheel... Except it didn't engage. The stick moves freely.. I wanna say it's the transfer case.. She still drives thank god but I can't take it out of 2 wheel or anything... Any ideas?

MoparCody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L V8
By pulling the stick I'm guessing it's a 2nd gen. If the transfer case went out you wouldn't be able to drive it. You most likely either have a vacuum leak or your actuator went out. If the actuator went out, instead of replacing it with the vacuum controlled crap look into posi-lock. It is a lot better and its not vacuum controlled so no more worrying

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Sounds like a linckage came loose. Did you look under your truck to see if that happened??

OP
OP
SgtNuzza

SgtNuzza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea just looked I'm missing the linkage. Is there any easy fix or cheap parts?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
MISSING the linkage?!

Junkyard will be your friend here, or the dealer.

OP
OP
SgtNuzza

SgtNuzza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looked around my driveway and found it.. But I'm just wondering... Couldn't I just make a bracket and bolt it on instead of using those stupid rubber locks...

Wchnu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new rubber clips are a lot better then the old ones. $10 each at the dealer. 15 min fix. Had to do that with mine right after I got it.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Glad you found it so fast. What alerted me to the linkage was you said the shifter was free moving.
A fix to this if you can find some is to get some all thread and bend it to the shape of the linkage and then run some nuts onto it to hold it in place or take a piece of steel or aluminum bar and use that. But realize that the rubber clips are there to prevent damage if something hits the linkage from underneath and replacing them with something stronger might mean trouble down the road. Another fix is to look through summit or a 4wd shop and see if they have a cable replacement for the stock one.