Unsolved problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

antmassimiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2007 5.7 2wd runs great until you hit 68mph. Once past 65mph it starts stuttering and then throws the electronic throttle control warning and goes into limp mode. You can turn it off.for a couple seconds then turn it back on and it is fine again until you go over 65 again. I've tried the throttle body and cam sensors and nothing has changed. Again the thing runs great until I go over 65. And ideas would be greatly appreciated.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Clean out your throttle body? How does it run when you floor it vs slowly accelerating?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Clearly it is an issue with the Flux Capacitor. It is supposed to kick in at 88 MPH where yours is kicking in at 68 MPH. The truck just dies without enough velocity to make the jump. Problem is Flux Capacitor's are on national backorder with no firm date of availability.

If you have a friend with a properly functioning Flux Capacitor, perhaps they can go far enough into the future where they are available. They can purchase one for you and bring it back.

OP
OP
A

antmassimiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Clearly it is an issue with the Flux Capacitor. It is supposed to kick in at 88 MPH where yours is kicking in at 68 MPH. The truck just dies without enough velocity to make the jump. Problem is Flux Capacitor's are on national backorder with no firm date of availability.

If you have a friend with a properly functioning Flux Capacitor, perhaps they can go far enough into the future where they are available. They can purchase one for you and bring it back.
That's the second time someone has suggested that. I'm gonna try it and let you know. Thanks. It's under the uranium belt right?

OP
OP
A

antmassimiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you manually force a lower gear, does it still happen at the same speed?

IOW is it speed related, or RPM related?
The only gear I could manually go to at 68mph would be 2. It runs amazing through all the gears and smooth at 65 and under for hours. It's just past that somehow

FabricGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is your MIL lit?

Got codes? Do tell...

Those codes don't tell me what is wrong, they give me clues on what to test.
Does yours' run on lightning or has it been upgraded mod to banana peels and used coffee filters?

Did you buy a new TB, cam sensor, etc? How much were they in August 2023 USD??

FabricGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have a buddy with the same truck? If you suspect and want to try, swap parts with him. (most will work)

Oh oh, did you do the recalibration on the new TB?
Did you try the recal on the old TB first?

OP
OP
A

antmassimiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't do anything except install the throttle body. It has no codes specific to the electronic throttle control when it starts flashing and goes into limp mode. Only codes are large and small evap leaks. When ETCS code flashes and it goes into limp mode u turn it off and back in and warning goes away

FabricGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK so even if you remove the TB and clean it, put it back on, you are supposed to calibrate it to the gas pedal again.

Tom-G said:
Put the ignition in "run" mode but do not start the engine. Slowly press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and slowly release it. Turn off the ignition

Try that and please report back if it makes a difference.
If it works, I want you hit hit my like button...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca