Update on my ABS module dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DaSOB

DaSOB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just so you know, XeMODEX has increased their price it is now $399+shipping for repair.
I asked XeMODeX about the price increase and was told that it is due to the skyrocketing price of driver chips that must be replaced in the repair.

thomas0225

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
will be sending mine to xemodex also. In my case, ABS failure locked my rotary shifter in park.
Glad to see it worked out for you.
Had my truck picked up from dealership via AAA tow.
But not before they tried to extort $700.00 out of me.(which of course I did not pay since they only diagnosed my truck, which was $180.00.)
Had my truck at the dealer since Jannuary and been told end of march, then april 17 and then no ETA.Insane!!
Dealership itself, no call backs / customer service.
Ram Care....what a joke.
FCA ....same thing.

Anyway, your experience was the final push for me, to go with the rebuild.

Thanks for all your detailed posts.

Thomas

OP
OP
DaSOB

DaSOB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
will be sending mine to xemodex also. In my case, ABS failure locked my rotary shifter in park.
Glad to see it worked out for you.
Had my truck picked up from dealership via AAA tow.
But not before they tried to extort $700.00 out of me.(which of course I did not pay since they only diagnosed my truck, which was $180.00.)
Had my truck at the dealer since Jannuary and been told end of march, then april 17 and then no ETA.Insane!!
Dealership itself, no call backs / customer service.
Ram Care....what a joke.
FCA ....same thing.

Anyway, your experience was the final push for me, to go with the rebuild.

Thanks for all your detailed posts.

Thomas
Glad to help, Thomas. Everything I have read on this matter says about the same thing, that FCA keeps saying that the modules are being "re-engineered" and will be out on (date). But when that date comes and no modules are available, FCA gives the same story with a new date down the road someplace.

XeMODeX is top notch in work and customer service. When you ship your module, be sure that the shipping label and three signed copies of the invoice (they will provide those after you buy their service) are in a blister pouch on the outside of the shipping box. The UPS rep will, or should, know that.