Update on the 1500 w/ powerfold tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DIdn't want to make a thread about this, but I figured I'd do it because I can't remember the thread I posted in about this where there was a mini discussion.

I have the 1500 w/ power fold tow mirrors I said didn't power fold. I took the truck to the dealer yesterday morning and give my list of things needing fixed.

As far as the power fold mirrors, the dealer said they were indeed supposed to power fold. However, they were a dealer added option and two different technicians did the work. They added everything except the motor assemblies. They are on order.

Some of the posters are indeed correct, the 1500's do not come with power fold tow mirrors. The dealer told me they like to add on certain options to attract buyers since they are a smaller dealer.

This dealer also offers a lifetime power train warranty. They do this like MOPAR, except the dealer owner created his own insurance company for this and adds the policy cost into the vehicle cost.

My Uconnect was not working either, you'd hit the assist button and nothing would happen. They said they are working on that and still unsure why it doesnt work. They may have to just ordered a new radio assembly. I personally suspect this was also a dealer upgrade and was pulled from another vehicle because when I try to sign up, it tells me I need to 'renew' my subscription. I never had one, but everything is tied to the product serials/codes.

Also, the tint guys they use tinted over debri, so they are redoing the tint.

And the ding their wash tech put in it (2 FTW!) are being repaired.

Gave me a 2016 Ram 1500 Big horn 5.7 as a loaner. Has 32k miles. Complete piece of junk. Cruise control works periodically. Drivers side window seal has a bigger leak than the titanic did. SHWSDFGHGDSGDGHDHDFHG In my damn ear at highway speeds. Get down on the gas and the engine has a whine like a super charger. Except it doesnt have a super charger. The shocks have more lean than a Baltimore ****** addict. Every time I make a turn to say switch lanes I'm horizontal to the pavement. The steering is looser than an 1800's saloon maid. This thing has more rock and roll than an 80's hair band. If I drove this truck during my test drives, I would of thought RAM sucks. I hope my truck doesn't feel like this at 32k miles.

This loaner vehicle did have the NAV. I tried using it and man was it terrible. I was deciding if I should purchase it or not, well, I'm not. It was so out of date it kept telling me almost every road I took was "access limited" and didn't show on the map. Roads that have existed for 5+ years. It kept telling me to go the wrong way (on a route I knew, just testing nav) and it would eventually recalc. Told me to go the long way several times. Nope. Not worth the initial fee plus the update fee's. I'll use Waze on my phone. Free.

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Best description of a loaner ever!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
DIdn't want to make a thread about this, but I figured I'd do it because I can't remember the thread I posted in about this where there was a mini discussion.

I have the 1500 w/ power fold tow mirrors I said didn't power fold. I took the truck to the dealer yesterday morning and give my list of things needing fixed.

As far as the power fold mirrors, the dealer said they were indeed supposed to power fold. However, they were a dealer added option and two different technicians did the work. They added everything except the motor assemblies. They are on order.

Some of the posters are indeed correct, the 1500's do not come with power fold tow mirrors. The dealer told me they like to add on certain options to attract buyers since they are a smaller dealer.

This dealer also offers a lifetime power train warranty. They do this like MOPAR, except the dealer owner created his own insurance company for this and adds the policy cost into the vehicle cost.

My Uconnect was not working either, you'd hit the assist button and nothing would happen. They said they are working on that and still unsure why it doesnt work. They may have to just ordered a new radio assembly. I personally suspect this was also a dealer upgrade and was pulled from another vehicle because when I try to sign up, it tells me I need to 'renew' my subscription. I never had one, but everything is tied to the product serials/codes.

Gave me a 2016 Ram 1500 Big horn 5.7 as a loaner. Has 32k miles. Complete piece of junk. Cruise control works periodically. Drivers side window seal has a bigger leak than the titanic did. SHWSDFGHGDSGDGHDHDFHG In my damn ear at highway speeds. Get down on the gas and the engine has a whine like a super charger. Except it doesnt have a super charger. The shocks have more lean than a Baltimore ****** addict. Every time I make a turn to say switch lanes I'm horizontal to the pavement. The steering is looser than an 1800's saloon maid. This thing has more rock and roll than an 80's hair band. If I drove this truck during my test drives, I would of thought RAM sucks. I hope my truck doesn't feel like this at 32k miles.

This loaner vehicle did have the NAV. I tried using it and man was it terrible. I was deciding if I should purchase it or not, well, I'm not. It was so out of date it kept telling me almost every road I took was "access limited" and didn't show on the map. Roads that have existed for 5+ years. It kept telling me to go the wrong way (on a route I knew, just testing nav) and it would eventually recalc. Told me to go the long way several times. Nope. Not worth the initial fee plus the update fee's. I'll use Waze on my phone. Free.
Here's my 2016 bighorn.
I have 38,000 miles on her, and have none of the problems you speak of with your loaner. Keep in mind, the loaner has undoubtedly been beat to hell hard. If you take care of anything, it will last. Mine has been undercoated and looks as new as the day i bought it. It rides like a dream, even with the ten ply Mickey Thompson's it now sits on. I added the airlift 1000 airbags, and it tows like no other truck ive owned.
I guess what im trying to say is just take care of your truck...and it will give you YEARS of driving enjoyment. I hope this makes you feel better about your investment.9f16130ca8c072596212be595180885d.jpgca713522e7a38688bd5512ff8be2da93.jpg46a1b58f3de6bcf456ad8a4ad519f9e4.jpgef621134af026dc910ac0eaa4a2ba222.jpg68b5aab2a3e36328c38988c9b8e42b42.jpg857bd6bfef9f16822676f78d3f409c16.jpgdd739628879bf35aeaec87f536704f41.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This was great lol

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

Omfg. At doctor office with the Mrs, reading this and just tearing up laughing. Best post of the week!

OP
OP
17Veteran76

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best description of a loaner ever!!!!

Completely accurate though. I think this truck was used for a speed bump maker to test speed bumps or something. It's definitely been rode rough and put up wet. For 32k it should not be this wore out without it being pushed hard.

Here's my 2016 bighorn.
I have 38,000 miles on her, and have none of the problems you speak of with your loaner. Keep in mind, the loaner has undoubtedly been beat to hell hard. If you take care of anything, it will last. Mine has been undercoated and looks as new as the day i bought it. It rides like a dream, even with the ten ply Mickey Thompson's it now sits on. I added the airlift 1000 airbags, and it tows like no other truck ive owned.
I guess what im trying to say is just take care of your truck...and it will give you YEARS of driving enjoyment. I hope this makes you feel better about your investment.

That truck is beautiful. Does that moes intake invalidate the warranty? I take care of my things. My wife ******* because I wash and wax and vacuum and check fluids and so forth so much. But I tell her, I am going to drive it until the wheels fall off, and I want it to last. I do the same with all my toys. It infuriates here because I am so OCD with things. I usually buy premium things or at least not the bottom and I do my best to make them last. I will use my smart phone for 3 or 4 years.

Omfg. At doctor office with the Mrs, reading this and just tearing up laughing. Best post of the week!

I wish it wasn't true. The damn air leak is annoying as hell. It's terrible. I looked at it and the seal looks to be intact. I am thinking about taping the damn door seal and getting in through the passengers its so bad.

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!!!

:)

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

This was great lol

True too. And while the call it a loaner, it's just a truck for the sales lot. I didn't look at the price, but it beter be great for its condition. The transmission shifts hard too. In mine, I cant even tell I have a transmission. I would think at 32k it would be broke it and found its groove, literally.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

They are ordering "motor assemblies"??? Non power fold mirrors have big springs in them and the power fold ones have a motor assembly..... but you can't swap them (at least on the 6" x 9" mirrors) cuz I've spent the last 3 days tearing apart mirrors in my garage trying to piece one working set together. Also, they would have to get a whole new harness to add the motor.... I wonder if what you are really missing???

Maybe they swapping non power folding tow mirrors on to your truck that had power folding std. mirrors.... so they need to swap to power folding tow mirrors???

Reactions: kad

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah you gotta think, loaner means for most drive the absolute dog sh*t out of it lol burnouts race it drift it etc etc. But thats the jacked up part someone gunna buy that POS lol

spdguy99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's my 2016 bighorn.
I guess what im trying to say is just take care of your truck...and it will give you YEARS of driving enjoyment. I hope this makes you feel better about your investment.9f16130ca8c072596212be595180885d.jpgca713522e7a38688bd5512ff8be2da93.jpg46a1b58f3de6bcf456ad8a4ad519f9e4.jpgef621134af026dc910ac0eaa4a2ba222.jpg68b5aab2a3e36328c38988c9b8e42b42.jpg857bd6bfef9f16822676f78d3f409c16.jpgdd739628879bf35aeaec87f536704f41.jpg

What kinda air filter is that?!? And where did you get it?!? Nice!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
That is a cold air intake made by vararam.

19251162791a2ad428bbad06fa8c4fe7.jpg

Clean set up there. Is that leftover K&N filter oil you applied to your Vararam? Brilliant!

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
They're BS'ing you about ordering motor assemblies. They're internal to the mirrors and cant be installed in non power folding ones... They'd need to swap on new power folding tow mirrors then reprogram the BCM for tow mirrors to make the controls change when the mirrosr are flipped up. Check your window sticker with your VIN on the dodge site to see if your truck came factory equipped with power folding mirrors, if it didnt its more then just a mirror install.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Completely accurate though. I think this truck was used for a speed bump maker to test speed bumps or something. It's definitely been rode rough and put up wet. For 32k it should not be this wore out without it being pushed hard.

That truck is beautiful. Does that moes intake invalidate the warranty? I take care of my things. My wife ******* because I wash and wax and vacuum and check fluids and so forth so much. But I tell her, I am going to drive it until the wheels fall off, and I want it to last. I do the same with all my toys. It infuriates here because I am so OCD with things. I usually buy premium things or at least not the bottom and I do my best to make them last. I will use my smart phone for 3 or 4 years.

I wish it wasn't true. The damn air leak is annoying as hell. It's terrible. I looked at it and the seal looks to be intact. I am thinking about taping the damn door seal and getting in through the passengers its so bad.

:)

True too. And while the call it a loaner, it's just a truck for the sales lot. I didn't look at the price, but it beter be great for its condition. The transmission shifts hard too. In mine, I cant even tell I have a transmission. I would think at 32k it would be broke it and found its groove, literally.[/QUOTE]No sir...no warranty issues!

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
What kinda air filter is that?!? And where did you get it?!? Nice!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Moes. A preferred vendor on the site

OP
OP
17Veteran76

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're BS'ing you about ordering motor assemblies. They're internal to the mirrors and cant be installed in non power folding ones... They'd need to swap on new power folding tow mirrors then reprogram the BCM for tow mirrors to make the controls change when the mirrosr are flipped up. Check your window sticker with your VIN on the dodge site to see if your truck came factory equipped with power folding mirrors, if it didnt its more then just a mirror install.

They just texted us and said motors are on their way. I have no idea what they are doing and whatever they need to do, when I Pick it up, the mirrors need to be the same AND POWER FOLD.

aladin_sane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 1500 Big horn came with power folding mirrors, but not tow mirrors. I had the dealer install tow mirrors, but I lost the power folding option. I didn't even know that was an option, or I would have asked for them. Now I will just live with what I have.