Upgraded to Alpine and no sound only subwoofer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGFOOT95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s my problem… I have a 2022 Ram Warlock Quad cab without the upgraded sound system but it does have the 8.4 Uconnect from factory. I bought all 3 tweeters for the dash, all (4) 6x9 door speakers and the subwoofer and i only have sound from the subwoofer. EVERYTHING IS ALPINE plug and play. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes… nothing. I did a soft reset to the radio… nothing. I really think that it needs the amp under the dash but I’m not sure. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
BIGFOOT95

BIGFOOT95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok nice is there a wire harness already under the dash or I have to buy the Amp plus the harness????

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I really think that it needs the amp under the dash but I’m not sure.
The wiring harness for the Alpine sound system is vastly different from the standard 6- speaker system your truck came with. All three of the dash speakers, the doors, the headliner speakers along with the subwoofer all wire separately into the factory amp that mounts under the dash next to the e-brake pedal.

Truthfully the factory Alpine system isn't the best sounding system, you would be better off with better door and dash speakers along with adding something like a Kicker Hideaway subwoofer behind the back seat.

OP
OP
BIGFOOT95

BIGFOOT95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wiring harness for the Alpine sound system is vastly different from the standard 6- speaker system your truck came with. All three of the dash speakers, the doors, the headliner speakers along with the subwoofer all wire separately into the factory amp that mounts under the dash next to the e-brake pedal.

Truthfully the factory Alpine system isn't the best sounding system, you would be better off with better door and dash speakers along with adding something like a Kicker Hideaway subwoofer behind the back seat.
Yeah I read that but I’m pretty happy with the Alpine for now maybe in the future I’ll change it to the Kicker or something OEM. I wouldn’t like to splice the factory harnesses. That’s why I’m trying to put everything Alpine and not affect my warranty for now. Is there a diagram for the Alpine amp or how to route the cables?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you don't want to splice wiring, that's means you'll have some major wiring harnesses to replace in the cab. One check of the factory build sheet and chances are there goes your warranty on anything audio related in the cab(truck wasn't built with the Alpine set up).
Currently the dash speakers in the corners are wired in parallel to the front door speakers. A good upgrade for them is the Mopar 77KICK28ab for the standard 6 speaker system, for the back doors are the Mopar 77KICK41. I believe the part numbers have been changed but you should still be able to Google them.

OP
OP
BIGFOOT95

BIGFOOT95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't want to splice wiring, that's means you'll have some major wiring harnesses to replace in the cab. One check of the factory build sheet and chances are there goes your warranty on anything audio related in the cab(truck wasn't built with the Alpine set up).
Currently the dash speakers in the corners are wired in parallel to the front door speakers. A good upgrade for them is the Mopar 77KICK28ab for the standard 6 speaker system, for the back doors are the Mopar 77KICK41. I believe the part numbers have been changed but you should still be able to Google them.
Wow, well thanks for the info it really helps, it’s bitter moment because of the harness but I’ll take in consider for the Kickers. Again thanks for the help.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
You don't have to splice any wiring to add after market audio gear. There are plug and play audio interfaces and harnesses. But to add a factory Alpine requires not only the factory amp but if I remember correctly, the radio is different as well. I'm afraid this will be an expensive process to get all this working correctly. Would have been cheaper to go after market.

OP
OP
BIGFOOT95

BIGFOOT95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't have to splice any wiring to add after market audio gear. There are plug and play audio interfaces and harnesses. But to add a factory Alpine requires not only the factory amp but if I remember correctly, the radio is different as well. I'm afraid this will be an expensive process to get all this working correctly. Would have been cheaper to go after market.
I saw some videos and yeeeaaahhh it’s gonna be expensive all right. But at least I’m putting an Amp for starters and then I’ll change the speakers and everything else. Once again thanks for the advice you guys.