Upgrading Canadian Ram 1500 RA2 to RA4 NA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgause

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,
I am having an issue with upgrading my radio. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 that was purchased from Canada and has a RA2 radio. I was given a RA4-NA radio from a 2017 Ram 1500 that is working fine in that truck. If I plug it into my truck it immediately blows the audio fuse. I can put it back in the 2017 truck and it works fine. I can reinstall my RA2 in my truck and it works. The only other difference in the trucks is I don't have audio controls on my steering wheel. Is there a wiring difference because the truck was manufactured in Canada? Maybe a adapter harness?
Thanks,
Brian

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
From what I have seen there is a couple of different harnesses and a climate control box that has to be added as well as the bezel for the larger radio.

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi

Here’s an entire thread on upgrading radios on Ram trucks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi,
I am having an issue with upgrading my radio. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 that was purchased from Canada and has a RA2 radio. I was given a RA4-NA radio from a 2017 Ram 1500 that is working fine in that truck. If I plug it into my truck it immediately blows the audio fuse. I can put it back in the 2017 truck and it works fine. I can reinstall my RA2 in my truck and it works. The only other difference in the trucks is I don't have audio controls on my steering wheel. Is there a wiring difference because the truck was manufactured in Canada? Maybe a adapter harness?
Thanks,
Brian
You shouldn't be blowing a fuse, the wiring should be identical between countries as far as I know. Have you inspected the pins on each radio themselves? Also, try leaving the USB harness unplugged.