Upper Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Orange_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put the passenger side tire on the drivers side or rotate all 4 in an x pattern.
Caster is not a live measurement so they should have done a few caster sweeps while doing the alignment. If you were decently out they would need to roll comp the truck to get more realistic numbers. I would find a different alignment shop. Tires are too expensive to get it wrong and your truck ride better than factory minus the rear shocks
Well, I jsut got new tires. I got a good deal on Landspider Wildtraxx Mts. 35x12.50R20. The trucks runs better with the new tires. But I still have the problem where the truck vibrates a lot when I reach 65+ mph especially on the parkway. And it goes to the right a bit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Orange_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question for everyone:
What can I do or buy to help fix the vibration problem? I want to be able to drive the truck outside of the state or even go offroading. Is there a chance the steering needs to be replaced?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Question for everyone:
What can I do or buy to help fix the vibration problem? I want to be able to drive the truck outside of the state or even go offroading. Is there a chance the steering needs to be replaced?
If you’re getting a vibration at highway speeds that is a strong indicator that the tires are not balanced properly. Not uncommon for a tech balancing Kia wheels all day to struggle getting a truck tire right. You may also have a bad tire. Either way you have to go back to where you bought the tires and have them rebalance

OP
OP
O

Orange_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you’re getting a vibration at highway speeds that is a strong indicator that the tires are not balanced properly. Not uncommon for a tech balancing Kia wheels all day to struggle getting a truck tire right. You may also have a bad tire. Either way you have to go back to where you bought the tires and have them rebalance
I got the tires rebalanced. I still have a bit of vibration. Could it be the steering rack? or tie rods? When I do more than 55 theres play in the steering wheel. I am kind stuck now. Thanks for the replies and information. They really help.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I got the tires rebalanced. I still have a bit of vibration. Could it be the steering rack? or tie rods? When I do more than 55 theres play in the steering wheel. I am kind stuck now. Thanks for the replies and information. They really help.
Post some pictures of the wheel weights on all 4 tires. Most likely they were rebalanced improperly and or you may have a bad tire. Not uncommon with the off brand tires to have vibration issues

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Orange_Ram my wheel balancer can diagnose bad tires. Here is an example of a bent rim.
73594086836__73067572-9E24-4693-A898-55254B6CD55E.jpeg

OP
OP
O

Orange_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post some pictures of the wheel weights on all 4 tires. Most likely they were rebalanced improperly and or you may have a bad tire. Not uncommon with the off brand tires to have vibration issues
Well here are the photos. I didnt take a picture of the first time they were balanced or if there were. Now these pictures are after the second tire balance. the first picture is of the passenger side and the second one is of the driver side. there are no weight o i think i saw now weights on the read tires/rims. The tires seem to be even for the most part. I might just go to a shop that specializes in lifted trucks (which i should i have done from the beginning). They charge 35 bucks per tire for a balance and they said they would give me a spec sheet as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 8

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Well here are the photos. I didnt take a picture of the first time they were balanced or if there were. Now these pictures are after the second tire balance. the first picture is of the passenger side and the second one is of the driver side. there are no weight o i think i saw now weights on the read tires/rims. The tires seem to be even for the most part. I might just go to a shop that specializes in lifted trucks (which i should i have done from the beginning). They charge 35 bucks per tire for a balance and they said they would give me a spec sheet as well.
They would be buying me new wheels being that they grinded off your black finish and then stuck silver weights over the fresh metal. Those clearly are not 1993 caravan wheels they’re used to balancing

OP
OP
O

Orange_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They would be buying me new wheels being that they grinded off your black finish and then stuck silver weights over the fresh metal. Those clearly are not 1993 caravan wheels they’re used to balancing
Welp it took me a little to realize the damage they did to my wheels. Sadly it was too late.

Update:
I went to an actual shop that specializes in lifted trucks and found out all 4 wheels not only had water but BEADS in them on top of the weight put in the front 2 wheels. The truck drives better now a couple hundred bucks later. I think it needs an actual alignment now. By the way thank you for all your help and information. It has helped me a lot and made me realize that everything does cost much more the second time. I think I will be going to this shop from now on.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Welp it took me a little to realize the damage they did to my wheels. Sadly it was too late.

Update:
I went to an actual shop that specializes in lifted trucks and found out all 4 wheels not only had water but BEADS in them on top of the weight put in the front 2 wheels. The truck drives better now a couple hundred bucks later. I think it needs an actual alignment now. By the way thank you for all your help and information. It has helped me a lot and made me realize that everything does cost much more the second time. I think I will be going to this shop from now on.
Hopefully they vacuumed out all the beads and put black weights on for you. I’m sorry you’re journey has been rough but these places keep getting worse out there.