V10 true dual pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warlock1369

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 V10
I'm thinking of going true dual pipes on my 2000 V10. But it is a Cali truck so all the O2 crap. Don't have smog test in Texas. Just can't have error codes from ecu. Has anyone done a cat delete and how to handle the o2 sensor issue?. Also would true dual pipes work or would I need a H pipe? I know some vehicles need back pressure, all I want is sound. I drive a V-10 not a 6banger. Tired of sounding like the later. Was thinking cat delete, H pipe to muffler and out the side bed behind rear wheels. Yes the body not under. Just want sound but not hurt or gain anything from motor.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
True duals are difficult on trucks like this due to lack of space, but it can be done. As for the error codes there are several solutions as long as you don't have to worry about a tamper inspection. O2 simulators are one option, or you can get non foulers. The latter basically just pulls the rear sensor out of the exhaust stream and has a mesh material that simulates a cat enough to keep the light off. I live in NC and on safety inspections here it would fail if the inspector sees it. As for the H pipe I can tell you for certain you need a crossover. It will sound very odd without some sort of crossover be it a H or Y or even a dual in/out muffler.

Elvira

Reaction score
I did true duals on my 15 Ram, kept the converters and spliced the y-pipe. Works perfect and keeps it environmentally legal. No need to trick the system and still passes any mechanical inspection. You have to run the pipes down the same side because of fuel tank, but not a problem.

Attachments

• True dual on ram.jpg
    True dual on ram.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 3

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Mine is a federal V10 so it already has true dual exaust and 2 cats.

I ran dual turbo mufflers and currently have dual cherry bombs.

Love the sound of dueling 5 cylinders and it is loud.

Pictures are with the turbo mufflers...the cherry bombs fit up real nice

The HD setup only has O2 sensors upstream of the cats.

20171021_133256.jpg20170704_113857.jpg

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If all you are concerned with is sound, then just replace the stock muffler with something different. No need to change the whole exhaust system just to get sound. Flowmasters sound great, but they can tend to drone at highway cruising speeds. Magnaflows drone a little less and still sound nice. I have had and enjoyed both of them on my truck without any need for a big expensive conversion of my exhaust system. Just food for thought…

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have a 1996 Canadian V10, and even it isn't true dual exhaust. It does however just have on Oxy sensor before the Cat. Spike95 is bang on, just change the muffler.

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm thinking of going true dual pipes on my 2000 V10. But it is a Cali truck so all the O2 crap. Don't have smog test in Texas. Just can't have error codes from ecu. Has anyone done a cat delete and how to handle the o2 sensor issue?. Also would true dual pipes work or would I need a H pipe? I know some vehicles need back pressure, all I want is sound. I drive a V-10 not a 6banger. Tired of sounding like the later. Was thinking cat delete, H pipe to muffler and out the side bed behind rear wheels. Yes the body not under. Just want sound but not hurt or gain anything from motor.
Texas does emissions testing, and a visual inspection of the exhaust emissions system. I do occasional roadside inspections myself. ;)

OP
OP
W

Warlock1369

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 V10
Texas does emissions testing, and a visual inspection of the exhaust emissions system. I do occasional roadside inspections myself. ;)

Deletes are done here all the time. Only when I registered the truck in Texas from Cali have I done emissions. And only heard of it being done when transfer of title. Other then that only know they check if smokes like a bat out of hell or sounds like they are running zommies. But good to know. Keep stock system if ticketed. Lol

OP
OP
W

Warlock1369

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 V10
If all you are concerned with is sound, then just replace the stock muffler with something different. No need to change the whole exhaust system just to get sound. Flowmasters sound great, but they can tend to drone at highway cruising speeds. Magnaflows drone a little less and still sound nice. I have had and enjoyed both of them on my truck without any need for a big expensive conversion of my exhaust system. Just food for thought…
Really the cost isnt a issue. Cherrybombs are cheep, the pipe is cheap enough. I can bend and weld it all myself with new hangers and everything for the same cost of just a muffler. Looking for different thoughts and draw backs. I want duals just in the planning stages. Would love to avoid a H or Y pipe so the rumble sound is on each side and not all 10 cylinders with just a deeper tone.