Vehicle phone problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablespinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2015 will show that the phone is connected but will not show the phone book or recent calls. Occasionally a message comes on the screen that says "vehicle phone needs service, take to the dealer soon." I have taken it to the dealer and they can't find the problem. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
What radio do you have?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My 2015 will show that the phone is connected but will not show the phone book or recent calls.
Delete the current saved Bluetooth pairing on the radio and from your phone. Then make a new connection and be sure to give permission for the radio to access the contacts and phone.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Another thing to try, uninstall android auto, from your phone.
Reboot Phone.
re-install Android Auto.

as with any program, quite possible an update got messed up, on the download or installation.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Another thing to try, uninstall android auto, from your phone.
Reboot Phone.
re-install Android Auto.
Unless the OP upgraded the radio, a '15 model year doesn't have AndroidAuto capabilities.
The 8.4 UConnect radios didn't support AndroidAuto until the '18 model year.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What brand/model phone?
Check the usual suspects--battery condition, clean and dry connectors firmly seated, etc etc then unpair the phone from within both the phone and the truck radio. Power-cycle both before attempting a re-pair. If it’s an iPhone you will be asked during pairing if you want to synch contacts—watch for it as the question disappears quickly, and answer yes.

Regardless of the phone brand/model it’s best to reboot to clear cached info before attempting a re-pair.

best,
DG

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have two Iphones paired with my UConnect. Last week I was having an issue with the phones properly connecting. They showed on the settings but Bluetooth wasn't connecting. I had to totally delete and reinstall both.