Vehicle Pistol Safe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

areelguy1950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Big Horn 5.7
I am looking for recommendations on pistol safes for my truck and best locations for front and back seat. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It probably doesn’t matter since a determined person with enough time will probably get around a safe but that locker down only attaches to the plastic. There’s other brands that actually require the removal of the back panel of the console so that a steel plate can be installed below the floor of the console that makes it a little more difficult to pry out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ramrocker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Amazon reviewer NY Andrew posted his dashcam break in video of Lock'er Down for Ram.
Youtube 7ODGH2TV8TQ
Amazon B00AWXBOTG

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amazon reviewer NY Andrew posted his dashcam break in video of Lock'er Down for Ram.
Youtube 7ODGH2TV8TQ
Amazon B00AWXBOTG

So, where they able to make off with the safe, or what? Hopefully that dashcam was able to get a plate number bein that it didn’t do **** for the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ramrocker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
This was his review on the Lock'er Down:
STOPPED THIEVES!!! IT WORKS!!!
December 9, 2018
Verified Purchase
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for your amazing product!!! You saved me hundreds and a TON of aggravation and headache from the valuables I had stored inside of it when thieves broke my truck window and tried to get in to my safe!

They broke in to a truck next to mine as well and stole guns and credit cards! I wasn’t missing a single thing.

Here is the video of them captured from my dash camera (language warning), but you can hear them trying so hard to get in to it! U-TUBE paste this in search: 7ODGH2TV8TQ

The hinges are sort of messed up now it scratches and hits when opening and closing it, but I can’t afford a new one so hopefully it didn’t loosen it if this was to happen again for the next thieves.

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn Built to Serve edition
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I got a Console Vault brand last year. It looks similar to the Locker Down brand. I guess you can say it may keep the "honest criminals" at bay. Lol!

OP
OP
A

areelguy1950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Big Horn 5.7
December 9, 2018
Verified Purchase
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for your amazing product!!! You saved me hundreds and a TON of aggravation and headache from the valuables I had stored inside of it when thieves broke my truck window and tried to get in to my safe!

They broke in to a truck next to mine as well and stole guns and credit cards! I wasn’t missing a single thing.

Here is the video of them captured from my dash camera (language warning), but you can hear them trying so hard to get in to it! U-TUBE paste this in search: 7ODGH2TV8TQ

The hinges are sort of messed up now it scratches and hits when opening and closing it, but I can’t afford a new one so hopefully it didn’t loosen it if this was to happen again for the next thieves.

OP
OP
A

areelguy1950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Big Horn 5.7
December 9, 2018
Verified Purchase

— – - - - - - -
Which device issued the voice command, about the impact? Seems that was what prompted the thieves to leave.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Hey that’s me haha cool to see I’m being referenced in good light for once [emoji23][emoji108]

It’s all true. Highly recommend. They replaced the damage one free of charge. Couldn’t be happier and recommend them more. Amazing company.

Yes I had plate and vehicle on camera but the cops were worthless and lazy they claimed they lost track of the vehicle after a couple blocks then never heard from them again. But it did cover my end probably why I got the replacement safe and makes for a good video to share around hah. If they’d have stolen something then that could have backed up my claim as well. Since then I’ve installed aftermarket security system.

And I actually disabled voice because if they were SMART they’d have stole the camera and I’d have nothing at all. On the bright side if they stayed longer IF the camera didn’t scare them off, I’d have been shot because my firearms were in the vehicle not on me as I was in a concert and they just stole one from the truck next to mine. Count your blessings.