vibration in doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am losing my mind because I can't seem to get completely rid of the vibration/rattle in my door panels. I have a 2014 1500 R/T and for some reason on top of the panel toward the back of the truck it is two pieces. I can't seem to get rid of the vibration caused by the stereo.

I have pulled the panels off probably 10 times. I have put a crap ton of dynomat on the panel and on the door. I think I fixed it then it hits a note and its back. I have also put a strip of rubber weather stripping between the top of the door and the metal strip where the window is.

I don't know if I should just pull that spot apart and put something in it so it won't vibrate or what. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Do you have a picture? we might have to get creative :)

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you tried running around without the door panel on and see if it still makes the noise?

I thought I read someone mentioned it could be INSIDE the door, where the window track hangs down, the soft weatherstrip in the track vibrates around and hits the metal skin of the door.

OP
OP
Mike Townsend

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It seems to either be where the door card hits the top of the door and metal window seal or that spot where the door card is two pieces and has plastic rivets.

I will take the door card off and snap some pictures tonight if I can. Thank you for your help.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spray insulation foam the whole inside wall.. screw it, lol