WATERPUMP FAIL 2022 RAM 1500,5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRAMHOUSTON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ANYONE HEAR any other 2022 RAM 1500 / 5.7 HEMI AUTOMATIC 2WD
WERE THERE WATERPUMP FAILS 33,000 MILES now DEALERSHIP says there SHOP FORMAN DIAGNOSE it as failed because I had to put wrong antifreeze in it to Keep Eng. from burning up...so there claiming antifreeze caused failure

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
ANYONE HEAR any other 2022 RAM 1500 / 5.7 HEMI AUTOMATIC 2WD
WERE THERE WATERPUMP FAILS 33,000 MILES now DEALERSHIP says there SHOP FORMAN DIAGNOSE it as failed because I had to put wrong antifreeze in it to Keep Eng. from burning up...so there claiming antifreeze caused failure
You would of been better off adding distilled water instead of using the wrong anti-freeze.Suck it up Princess looks like you're on the hook for a water pump,and probably a cooling system flush,to get all the wrong anti-freeze out of it.Do not mix OAT anti-freeze with any other anti-freeze except OAT anti-freeze,it has a bad habit of gelling when mixed with other anti-freezes,and plugging heater cores and radiators.
The water pump was probably on it's way out,and you just gave them the excuse they needed to deny you warrenty.Dodge water pumps are famous for failing early ;)

OP
OP
B

BADRAMHOUSTON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YES THEY ADMITTED WATER PUMP WAS OR DID GO OUT..BECAUSE ITS JUNK PART they have put on our trucks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
ok just GOT RESOLUTION DODGE & DEALERSHIP IS COVERING ALL THE COST WATER PUMP & FLUSH I'M STUCK PAYING FOR The new antifreeze & cleaner used in system
You got lucky,as alot of guys have been on the hook for the water pump,if they added another coolant,other then Ma Mopars own coolant.While you're at the dealership,buy another jug or 2 of their factory pre-mix coolant,just to save yourself any head-aches down the road. Just because it's a "new" water pump doesn't mean it'll last any longer then your original did

OP
OP
B

BADRAMHOUSTON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes IM GOING TO PURCHASE 4 MORE EXTRA GALLONS to be safe these SUMMER 115° -123° we've been experimenting down here.last few year's and LOOKING AT adding a
ALL 100% ALUMINUM AFTERMARKET RADIATOR from speed/shop
thanks for reply...I almost feel lucky

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The water pump was leaking that bad you had to add coolant in the first place?

I know parts can fail at any time, but crazy at that low mileage.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The water pump was leaking that bad you had to add coolant in the first place?

I know parts can fail at any time, but crazy at that low mileage.
If you hang around the facebook car pages Ed,there's alot of low milege cars with failed water pumps.Most of them are cars that seem to be only driven a couple times a month,and sit the rest of the time.Makes me wonder if OAT coolant gets to seals if the vehicle isn't used on a semi daily basis,as lots of them are cars with less then 30,000 miles on the car

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Chrysler has been known for water pump failures for at least the 12 years that I know of. Also a pia to change out the driveway way.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually , if his 2012 was like mine is wasnt the special OEM unicorn **** coolant. Ive been using nothing but Prestone Multi vehicle coolant since ive had it.

When I changed the WP on my buddies 2014 we flushed out all the MOPAR **** and fill it with Fleet Multi Vehicle coolant as thats what he works with.... lol..

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really hard to do. I change the water pump on my 11 5.7 with the fan clutch in my driveway in about an hour
I changed the WP, Hoses, pulleys, thermostat, and fan clutch on my 2011, with bruised ribs and hip and a broken collarbone. Took me about 2 1/2 hours.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you think a WP is hard on a HEMI, turn in your man card... lol...

PITA is reserved for gear swaps . trans rebuild, engine rebuilds, you know jobs that require actual skills.