WAZE is missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ralph Blackford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know what has happened to the WAZE icon from the app screen? Or how I can get it back? I prefer WAZE to Google maps due to the detail available for the routring I'm using.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^^ what he said
Check the settings for AndroidAuto/CarPlay on your phone, you can select which apps show up on the radio.
With AndroidAuto you use the Customize Launcher option, it probably similar in CarPlay

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Once a year, drive from Southern California to Connecticut & back.

I see so many detours from Major Accidents, i just have to ask as many drivers as i can, just what they use.
It would seem that every Ford either has something identical as WAZE or the actual WAZE.

Take El Paso for instance, if there is a major detour on Interstate 10 that goes through the center of El Paso.
The different routing maps, have you use all of these detours that only take you 5 or 10 blocks, with stop Signs or signal lights at every intersection, that it takes you longer to take than it would if you just stayed on Interstate 10.

If you look at the El Paso Maps, there are 2 other roads that everyone could be routed on & not hardly any Traffic Lights, especially the road out by the Airport, it completely by passes El Paso

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Does anyone know what has happened to the WAZE icon from the app screen? Or how I can get it back? I prefer WAZE to Google maps due to the detail available for the routring I'm using
Every once in a while when I start up the truck and AA loads, Waze is missing. On the next ignition cycle, Waze is back. From the best I can tell, for some reason, Waze is not registering on your phone as an AA capable application. I don't know what the magic is with the ignition cycle but for me, this is what happens.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
From the best I can tell, for some reason, Waze is not registering on your phone as an AA capable application. I don't know what the magic is with the ignition cycle but for me, this is what happens.
Waze has recently been making updates to fully work with the new "Cool Walk" format of AndroidAuto. Noticed that Waze was moved to the bottom of list for apps I want to show on AA screen. I primarily use WAZE all the time for the real time traffic updates, makes traveling around for work easier since it's construction season here in Michigan._nc_ohc=lXaexUu_PUkAX8lha63&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg

OP
OP
R

Ralph Blackford

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well! I found the problem/solution.

It seems the redio received an update unbeknownst to me. After thoroughly investigating I discovered a new icon in the lower left corner of the display whenever my phone was plugged into a usb port. I discovered all of my wireless services icons. I just had to select the WAZE app and all was well.

Thanks to those who attempted to help me resolve the "problem" that was the result of an upgrade I had no knowledge of. I'll try to be more observant in the future.l

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was sorta hoping not to play 52 pickup with the buttons and menus in the car like we get to do with office 365 about once every other year. Kudos to Ram for at least leaving the heated seats button in the same place for over a year now. Have Had a Tesla 2.5 years now, i think they have changed the way heated seats work approximately the same number of times as I have miles on the thing. I do like one recent update, turn off all the rear heated seats at once when the kids get out for school on a cold day. I might have to get out of the truck to do that in the ram still. How’s that for making the first world problems blog?