Wd40 on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mmathw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
anyone use wd40 as a protectant on they’re aftermarket painted wheels in the winter? If so how were your results? Thanks

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why not just use a dedicated wheel wax?

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is a touchy subject for some but, have you thought about plasti-dip? Some people just use it to change the color of their rims but it also offers protection during the winter. Bought a GMC in 2013. Plasti-dipped the rims the day I got it. 2.5 years later when I traded it in for my RAM I peeled the plasti-dip off and the rims were in perfect shape.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I know this is a touchy subject for some but, have you thought about plasti-dip? Some people just use it to change the color of their rims but it also offers protection during the winter. Bought a GMC in 2013. Plasti-dipped the rims the day I got it. 2.5 years later when I traded it in for my RAM I peeled the plasti-dip off and the rims were in perfect shape.

this right here, ive used it on vehicles to protect paint for trailer towing, burnouts, ect, its a great protection product, and if you do it right it peels off trouble free, i think if it was me personally id just have me a really cheap set of winter wheels

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i saw a video from customwheeloffsets on this, then he also did a separate video review on a few products that were made specifically for wheel protection through the winter.

OP
OP
M

Mmathw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i saw a video from customwheeloffsets on this, then he also did a separate video review on a few products that were made specifically for wheel protection through the winter.

Just looked up the video thanks!

OP
OP
M

Mmathw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thought never even crossed my mind since they are already black. Definitely an option though thanks!

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure on the WD-40 thing... As for wheel wax, I have a few different kinds and it just doesn't seem to last. I've had the best luck with a WOWA sealant like Optiseal.