WD40

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Has anybody heard anything about the old original WD40 being discontinued.My neighbour was mentioning it last night.
If so i'm gonna have to stock up,as it's still one of the best things i've found for taking rubber off the 1/4 panels after a night at the track.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Working in a small lab in San Diego, California, it took Rocket Chemical Company’s founders 40 attempts to get their water displacing formula worked out. But they must have got it right in a big way, because the original secret formula for WD-40® – which stands for Water Displacement perfected on the 40th try—is still in use today.

I use WD-40 for Starter Fluid on Carbureted engines
I have used diesel fuel or WD-40 as products to take off things like tire gunk, a bit of road tar, etc.
I also use WD-40, when an engine has not been rotated for awhile, i pull the Spark Plugs, spray a stream of WD-40 into each cylinder & rotate the engine so that lubricant coats the cylinder walls

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If you read the statement from WD-40 it reads as if they have reformulated their products to meet the new Canadian rules. They don't say that directly but they also didn't say their products remain unchanged. Whether this changes the behaviors of their product or not will have to be seen.

One thing for sure, the US won't be far behind.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anybody heard anything about the old original WD40 being discontinued.My neighbour was mentioning it last night.
If so i'm gonna have to stock up,as it's still one of the best things i've found for taking rubber off the 1/4 panels after a night at the track.
Discontinued, No. Its being/been reformulated so it isnt banned in Canada who have some rules about aerosols. I have read Good ol CA has adopted the same regulations as Canada so i guess is has been reforumalted for the US as well?

Fun fact: WD 40 got its name for its meaning of Water Displacement prefected on the 40th formula try.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Discontinued, No. Its being/been reformulated so it isnt banned in Canada who have some rules about aerosols. I have read Good ol CA has adopted the same regulations as Canada so i guess is has been reforumalted for the US as well?

Fun fact: WD 40 got its name for its meaning of Water Displacement prefected on the 40th formula try.
Read post #6.GT already covered it,lol.But it's pretty common knowledge it was the 40th try