What’s your honest opinion on the new 2019 look?

Like or Dislike the new look?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I would stay away from Tesla if I were you. I think that company will plunge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Elon may have some troubles ahead but I think Tesla will be just fine. I appreciate how they’ve advanced the industry. We can’t burn old dinosaur bones forever.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I think Elon may have some troubles ahead but I think Tesla will be just fine. I appreciate how they’ve advanced the industry. We can’t burn old dinosaur bones forever.

I get that. And it’s sad to see such a brilliant mind and pioneer for this industry go nuts. He burnt himself out. I think the company has a lot of work to do to Keep it’s shareholders and customers happy

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new 2019 RAM is more a SUV with a bed than a truck.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8

Because it isn’t as capable as previous generations? Or you just mean because it doesn’t look like previous generations? Just curious.

Brian Keiper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I like the 4th gen front end better than the new switch in the design, that being said that's about the only thing I don't like about the 2019's. The rear end looks better and interior looks sharp to.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because it isn’t as capable as previous generations? Or you just mean because it doesn’t look like previous generations? Just curious.

From outside it looks too soft.

I suppose this is however the intention. More and more an alternative to the SUV for the families so that it should look less than a working truck.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Yup. I agree. Couldn’t quite put my finger on it before you said it. Sort of like the ridgeline. It has an SUV look to the cabin portion. The doors look huge. The hood and than a small box. Almost as of a quad cab would be more appealing to the eyes

Not a look I like. In fact I think the ridgeline probably the ugliest truck on the road. Has zero character and more like a crossover with a box as an afterthought.

Like this Hyundai. Boring! .
494d486c14916c3bc75e86395b0cf591.jpg

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
But it can do more work than a 4th gen, haul more and tow more.
But yeah looks soft.

Can Water Geo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My boss only buys Ridgeline for work in the oil patch of northern Alberta/BC.

They get me where I need to go but far too many compromises for my liking.

Give me a RAM 1500, Silverado hell even a F-150 but anything is better than that!

The only. Thing I don’t like about the 19’s is the front. The headlight assembly just doesn’t work for me. I think I’ll keep my 17 for a long time.

Yup. I agree. Couldn’t quite put my finger on it before you said it. Sort of like the ridgeline. It has an SUV look to the cabin portion. The doors look huge. The hood and than a small box. Almost as of a quad cab would be more appealing to the eyes

Not a look I like. In fact I think the ridgeline probably the ugliest truck on the road. Has zero character and more like a crossover with a box as an afterthought.

Like this Hyundai. Boring! .
494d486c14916c3bc75e86395b0cf591.jpg

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My boss only buys Ridgeline for work in the oil patch of northern Alberta/BC.

They get me where I need to go but far too many compromises for my liking.

Give me a RAM 1500, Silverado hell even a F-150 but anything is better than that!

The only. Thing I don’t like about the 19’s is the front. The headlight assembly just doesn’t work for me. I think I’ll keep my 17 for a long time.

Agreed. My 17 will be with me till she grows old and Rusty

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm trying to configure one to my liking to replace my 4th gens. Think it's time to trade in, but I have to get my options just right this time.

Mich916ael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m new to the forum said I didn’t like the new ones that’s just my preference you guys can love them that’s your preference

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
I really didn’t like the 5th gen look at first. In the last month it has grown on me. I’m coming around. But I am not thrilled with purchasing a first year model. Takes a few years to work out the bugs. My 4th gen is only a year old, so it’s not going anywhere for a long time. The only way I’d end up in a 5th gen is if something went terribly wrong or god forbid it got totaled.

2017 RAM 1500 Laramie 4X4 Crew
from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I gave a guy at work a ride yesterday ( He drives a BMW 5 series and is thinking about getting a Tesla Model S). He was blown away by the interior. His words were, and I quote, “This is like a luxury car” and “Look at all that room in the back!”.

He started pricing them out as soon as we got to our destination.

Edit: I almost forgot that he mentioned that he wouldn’t be able to park it so I demonstrated the AutoPark feature for him. [emoji3]

I did tell him I would consider switching to a Tesla when these actually hit the market.

65170e15f3ff4b4266cb9270cd4e3801.jpg

Do the Tesla's have dual exhaust....:rolleyes:

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The '19's have been on the local dealer's lots since April. I still have not changed my opinion of the truck. The front end needs to be fixed. The brow needs to be gone. It ruins the appearance of the whole front. Even when it is body color it, still looks weird, although it is masked somewhat when painted. Drop the headlights down too. The hood badges also need to be gone.
Styling wise, the truck is far from a home run.
The Rebel is the only model that transitioned to the new body style that looks good. The rest of the models look like GMC/ Tundra mashups.

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
I like it but I like my 2018 more. I think it will take a little time for the Dodge crowd to adjust to the new look.

Amos

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't hate it but it just hasn't grown on me yet. It doesn't set itself apart from the rest.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After seeing a red sport model yesterday all I can say is for the most part it looks pretty good. Change to a crosshair grille and get rid of those massive chrome Ram 1500 hood badges and even I would consider buying one down the road. The better ride and the new interior are fantastic and that's hard to imagine considering how good the 4th gens are.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As a current owner of a 5th I have to say I purchased mine solely for the fact that I needed that interior space. Didn’t want to do an SUV and wanted to stay in the Ram family. I tried to do a 2500 MegaCab but again didn’t need that HD vehicle. Even with my Ram badging mine constantly gets mistaken for a Toyota lol.

As usual I am doing / adding things to make it my own, but my biggest thrill is driving it. Believe me once you drive it, you are transported to a new level. No I can go on all day about the problems that most are having, but from a realist level you can’t expect to not have problems with a first year production. The real question is how well the manufactures respond with solutions.

Now the grill part well again that’s subjective, I wanted a BigHorn to replace my last one. All Billet silver was my choice, but with my wife only being 5’1” no go since it didn’t have a power passenger seat. I could have special ordered but needed a vehicle quick with basic features. So I ended up with a Laramie with chrome bumpers. I’ve reduced the amount of “ chrome look “ on it without swapping bumpers. I like my chrome bumpers and realize I’m happy that I ended up getting them.

Now for me my best times were when I was in my 4th Ram, but I’m also hopeful to make memories with this one. :)9e4011ba0a7eb41f4d63797ca4fc248d.jpg