What are you guys using to protect your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14RamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What are the better paint protectants now a days? how about leather care?

Been a while since I cared this much.

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I use aerospace 303 on interior an the Maguires spray wax on outside. The 303 is also good if u want to shine up your tires because it doesn't have any petroleum products in it an all the door gaskets as well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bamacommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use turtle wax ice. It doesn’t leave a white residue on plastic, can be used on headlights , seems to do a good job.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
park it in my garage when not in use. hose off the dust every now and then. maybe a thorough wash once a year unless it dont look too bad.

OP
OP
14RamMan

14RamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
park it in my garage when not in use. hose off the dust every now and then. maybe a thorough wash once a year unless it dont look too bad.
Is there anything you use with your hose to keep water spots from forming?

geotex1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Depends on the day I guess... Sometimes a S&W Shield 9mm, sometimes an XD-S .45ACP, but winter is coming so I'll rotate in a 686 CS-1 or my Kobra Carry.

Oh, wait! You didn't mean PROTECT my truck, but protection for my truck! :D

The 4th Gen workhorse gets Klasse All-in-One and two coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze. I have been using Klasse for decades and it just works and does so at a great price point and easy to use! Use Mequiar's Final Inspection or Sonus Acrylic Spritz (or homemade version of it) after each wash.

The 5th Gen has paint protection film and Nanolex coating. I use the care kit that came with the coating deal.

303 Aerospace Protectant on tires, vinyl/EPDM weatherstrips and trim, exterior plastics, and the vinyl tonneau.

Stoner Invisible Glass on the windows.

Blue Coral shampoo to generally wipe down interior plastic surfaces (foaming shampoo is great for lifting dirt out of textured plastic!), clean carpet or clean cloth seats.

ONLY Folex for any dirt or stain on headliner.

LEXOL Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner on the leather.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
Is there anything you use with your hose to keep water spots from forming?

my driveway is shaded by a cpl. big oaks and my truck is silver so usually no problem with water spots..take a towel to glass areas and all good. just kidding about annual wash, but dont wash more than a few times a year..never wax or do any detailing.