What brand of tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramnutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have read that 20% may be the best match for the rear factory tint. I was just wondering what brand of tint everyone is using? I had some 15% Llumar installed (installer did not have 20% and it is about to be removed because he did a terrible job), and it seems a tad darker to me.

I was curious if the brand would make a difference. Maybe the color is just off and looks darker to my eye? The curse of OCD.

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure what brand of tiny I have, (it was factory installed) but I hear that 3m and solarguard are good as well

tkyle486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve heard that 3M is the best, I put 5% all around on mine and love it! I don't like people lookin in my truck and I hate it when people pull up next to you and look at you at a red light. Maybe im paranoid but that’s why I carry a gun on me at all times hahaha. It does make it hard to see at night but just go slow and you should be good. But 3M is great and there warranty is good too.

Williamw454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use sun tech! I always use a company that normally tints houses and companies. Never had a problem.

Pic18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my fronts tinted, and they have a more greyish blue look than the rear windows now. It's not bad from the outside. Looking out from the inside is noticable. Looking to my right is annoying because the front and back doors aren't a color match. Looks like I'm going to get the rear doors done now too. I think the guy uses Suntech, but I'm not 100% sure.

Williamw454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my fronts tinted, and they have a more greyish blue look than the rear windows now. It's not bad from the outside. Looking out from the inside is noticable. Looking to my right is annoying because the front and back doors aren't a color match. Looks like I'm going to get the rear doors done now too. I think the guy uses Suntech, but I'm not 100% sure.

There are many different kinds of suntech, Ill have to see what I have, but i know its the most expensive. I have it on my second gen, and it's been fine for last 5 years. It has a more green tint to it though. So idk.

tommyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i just got my fronts done today and I went with 20 percent 3m and it matches almost perfect. My buddy has 3m on all three of his cars for a while now and it still looks great and held up very well I had it on my last truck for 3 years and it held up great. I am trying to post a pic but photo bucket is acting weird.

tommyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
shes a little dirty but this is 20% 3m tint on front and stock dodge tint on back

photo-4-1_zps13f1a2d8.jpg

raptor1797

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tommyguns , truck looks good with badges and tint.