What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Do you forget who you're talking to?

01 calipers will only work if you swap the knuckles to 01 knuckles.

I wanted to do 01 brakes til I found out the knuckle situation. Mark says the 2500LD calipers are better anyway. He also said the GM 1-tons were too touchy to be safe. lol I'm with you, when the cylinders go, I'm getting Ram 1-tons. My fiancee said the brakes are better than they used to be but she still had to use two feet to get it to stop a couple times. :roflsquared:

So the 2500LD would be the 7500 gvw? Cardone has the 7500 and 8500 gvw brakes. But I think the 8500 would be the D60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Hey! Guess what?!

You're an ******* for posting that. :mad:

I want new paint too! :(

Sorry man I've saved money for the last 3yrs to get her painted lol. I'll post pic after its painted to help with your anger lol.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So the 2500LD would be the 7500 gvw? Cardone has the 7500 and 8500 gvw brakes. But I think the 8500 would be the D60.

7500 GVWR. 8800 GVWR is D60 for sure. I don't remember an 8500, but there may have been one lol
Sorry man I've saved money for the last 3yrs to get her painted lol. I'll post pic after its painted to help with your anger lol.

I can't save money. Too many things and people are around to rob me. :(

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
7500 GVWR. 8800 GVWR is D60 for sure. I don't remember an 8500, but there may have been one lol

I can't save money. Too many things and people are around to rob me. :(

Alright man the 8500 I mentioned was probably 8800. Then a ram 1 ton drum rebuild kit.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Need some good information here. I have an o2 sensor that needs replaced but I been thinking about buying a wideband. I know it wouldn't hook in and run correctly but I'm more interested in hooking it into my SCT x3 for some scanning. Question?... Leaving 1 sensor unplugged in my truck would cause it to run in closed loop correct? So assume I leave 1 unplugged mytruck will no longer try to achieve a 14.7 correct? Was wondering if I replaced the o2 and put a wide band in if the truck will try to achieve 14.7 or not? I just don't know if the ECU tries to adjust constantly even with a tune?

I know I can modify the multipliers on power enrichment at various rpms to increase fuel (pulsewidths). Just confused lol

The rear 02 doesn't affect air/fuel ratio. Only the front. Place it in the rear hole if you're curious. I will say that's probably outside the 36" limit from the closest cylinder though

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Placed a sprinkler under the truck yesterday. It's been making horrible rotational grinding noises from both sides of the front end and everything was so covered in **** i couldn't inspect anything. Sprinkler did well. Driverside got mostly cleaned off and found a twig between the dust shield and brake rotor. Pulled it out of the backyard and back into the driveway and good news is driverside is quiet again. Passenger side got worse though so today i pulled both front wheels and went through everything and made sure it was clean with a hose. Found 2 rocks on the passenger in the dust shield. Everything's all quiet now.

Also cleaned the engine bay a bit more. Placed a shopping bag over the filter to keep it dry. Forgot about it and started the truck :roflsquared: filter nearly collapsed. So i need to put a new filter on it lol good thing probably since it's dirty af right now

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
The rear 02 doesn't affect air/fuel ratio. Only the front. Place it in the rear hole if you're curious. I will say that's probably outside the 36" limit from the closest cylinder though

Truck doesn't seem to have a rear o2 sensor. Not that I can find. Just 1 for each bank.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Oil change day. Usual Rotella T5 and Motorcraft FL1A.

Trans pan has been leaking last few days so I popped in a new filter and gasket.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Truck doesn't seem to have a rear o2 sensor. Not that I can find. Just 1 for each bank.

In that case, unplug the driverside bank and test drive. See if it drives any different. Do the same for the passenger bank. This should tell you which controls a/f. If both change drivability/power then you will prob need to install a new **** for the wideband

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Anyone have any experience with marvel mystery oil?

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
In that case, unplug the driverside bank and test drive. See if it drives any different. Do the same for the passenger bank. This should tell you which controls a/f. If both change drivability/power then you will prob need to install a new **** for the wideband

Seems they are both up streams. Damn...

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Anyone have any experience with marvel mystery oil?

Makes your oil smell like mint.

I think imma get some cheap mud tires and cut my exhaust off and repipe with 3in pipe and 6inch tips out the sides and turned down.

YEEEAAAHHHH

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360

I think imma get some cheap mud tires and cut my exhaust off and repipe with 3in pipe and 6inch tips out the sides and turned down.

YEEEAAAHHHH

Ah I want to try it. At 197k and it sitting for a while I think it would do the truck some good.
What inspired you to do that? You must've hung around the *** bar with them ford owners :roflsquared:

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360

YEEEAAAHHHH
So if the truck burns oil will the exhaust smell minty?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
U won't do it...

LOL You're dead right about the exhaust thing.
Buttttt with tires being as expensive as they are I am almost thinking about doing that when my Coopers wear out.
What inspired you to do that? You must've hung around the *** bar with them ford owners :roflsquared:

#BuiltNotBought
So if the truck burns oil will the exhaust smell minty?

Yes.
couple that with some gm grape scented gear oil

They have that? With as much as mine leaks I need that and cherry scented PS fluid.