What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Yes. What he said. I'm running 2 now that I think or it lol
Cut my quick connects off my new lines. Good call

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Yes. What he said. I'm running 2 now that I think or it lol
Cut my quick connects off my new lines. Good call

Same.

Well for a little while now I've been running 2 Hayden 405 trans coolers as a bandaid until i can get my new trans in. During the summer heat it kept it from getting too hot but now in the winter the damn thing hardly registers on the gauge if at all. Went ahead and pulled the secondary yesterday and I'm much happier with it for the moment

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Eh, after looking at it some more I just bent the line a couple degrees. Lines up perfect now. Always pays to start with the simple ideas first, LOL.

By the way, has anyone ever made a custom ram air intake? The old fender liners are shot and pretty much fell of the old radiator and with all my AC stuff removed, there's quite a bit of open room on both sides of the radiator and it looks like they have a good line-of-sight to the throttle body. *gears turning*

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Got the exhaust turned out the side finally and all solidified Got louder but sounds good. I did burn a peanut sized hole in the top of the pipe so tomorrow I'll throw a band clamp on it and call it good

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Anyone here race chevy? In search of some Vortec heads and an edelbrock 7116 lol

Max78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I finally got around to adjusting the kick down cable 2 clicks to firm up the shifting, the this drives like a new truck now.

It's amazing how much a difference something like that can make. Before the shift points were early and slow. Now they are right at the sweet spot for me and much firmer!

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
My new project/toy..
307686a4ff9cd93a707028505c484625.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
2 clicks? You adjust the bottom or top? Top is only way i know but I've heard of a way to adjust the bottom

I adjusted the top, don't know about the bottom. I didn't fully remove the clip when i adjusted it so I could feel a slight indent or "click" as I moved it so I didn't go too far.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I got the intake off my old engine to stick it on my replacement, then snapped a bolt off flush with the head on the replacement engine. Pulled the headers off the bad engine in the engine bay without snapping a single one :happy107:
Now i've just got to figure out how to undo the garbage job someone did replacing the passenger side engine mount (someone slammed a carriage bolt in there). Lastly, I snapped both mounting bolts that hold the engine and exhaust hangar to the crossmember.

I'm debating whether or not to leave the trans in and just swap the engine in the truck, or pull the trans with the engine.

Good new is the insides of the new engine are tighter than a college freshman :roflsquared:

texasrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Gonna pick up a new coil after work (still got an hour and a half to go) and see if that fixes my no start problem. If not, it's gotta be the crank sensor. Fingers crossed that it's the coil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Just acquired a 5.3ls already machined, honed, and ready to go... gotta get my Camaro into the 10s

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Damn y pipe won't tighten up on the driverside. The clamp isn't securing it together so I'm afraid I'm going to have to weld it, which i don't wanna do. Wanted it easily detachable for trans replacement but i guess not. Gonna wait and order a new one though. Exhaust is too loud so i ordered a cat to weld in bit I'm going to weld it on a new y pipe with a length of pipe then weld on a length of pipe, the muffler and maybe a new tailpipe after.

Had use-or-lose time off to burn today and i was bored so i went and had some fun in our little bit of fresh powder. GoPro was in the backseat so here ya go
https://youtu.be/D566Im57Lm8

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well I stacked 65 bails on the old dodge today. When empty it went on the highway the first time in 3 years since the front end was shot. So far everything is new and replaced except tires and body work lol. With stock tire and 5.13s it goes 70 around 2800rpm. It went from 70 to 100 in a couple seconds and I let off around 4kish.. didn't trust the tires.

good passing power, eh? :naughty:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Jump started a beyond dead F250 last night. She warned me the last time she tried to jump it it killed the other car.

Truck took it just fine. :naughty:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Also, how could i forget, got a couple flush mount pods from a friend as payment for fixing his truck.

So I guess I'll be cutting into my bumper here soon.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
Jump started a beyond dead F250 last night. She warned me the last time she tried to jump it it killed the other car.

Truck took it just fine. :naughty:
i don't know if it is a dodge thing but they always seem to boost other vehicles pretty good no matter what. i have had to boost my 1 buddy diesel twice in 1 day. he had other vehicles trying to boost him and they did nothing. i hook up and his truck fires right up. he also had to call road side assistance a couple weeks ago for a jump and guess what. even with 3 booster battery hooked up to his truck they still couldn't get his truck started. he throws his old battery in the truck and it fires right up:roflsquared:. i found it strange that a professional couldn't boost and get a diesel running with 3 boost batteries but then again the guy showed up in a Nissan micra.