What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
At least your grille ain't busted. How fast were you going when you hit the guy?

quadcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Only about 10-15 mph. He needed a tow though. Nearly ripped the passenger rear wheel off. It was a newer nissan maxima.

Yeah thats 2 head on collisions in 3 weeks and the grill is still intact as well as the radiator and coolers. Drove it home again. Doesn't get any tougher than that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
wasn't most of that damage done to the bumper from your last accident? i guess it is a good thing you didn't put any money into fixing your truck yet.

i think you might be on your way toward some sort of record. most cars written off by 1 truck

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Only about 10-15 mph. He needed a tow though. Nearly ripped the passenger rear wheel off. It was a newer nissan maxima.

Yeah thats 2 head on collisions in 3 weeks and the grill is still intact as well as the radiator and coolers. Drove it home again. Doesn't get any tougher than that.

wasn't most of that damage done to the bumper from your last accident? i guess it is a good thing you didn't put any money into fixing your truck yet.

i think you might be on your way toward some sort of record. most cars written off by 1 truck

That and a mass amount of points on his driving record. :Pshyco:

quadcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Actually I havent received any points on my license. And yes most of the damage was from the previous wreck. I picked my headlamp off the ground and shoved it back into the Fender and drove away.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
seems like you need to hurry up and get the engine out of the truck before you actually kill the truck.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Evened out my antifreeze/water. Was still running more water than antifreeze from the start of summer. Figure it's time now though before we hit the real cold temps and I end up with a cracked block.

Rained again today, still wasn't able to finish my tune-up :(

Drove it to work and back.

I hear ya on this damn rain!! I wanted to burn some more fuel out of my truck before pulling it from the road but doesn't look like that's going to happen since its to cold to drive it now without the heat and my windows just fog up from the inside!! Lol

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
I hear ya on this damn rain!! I wanted to burn some more fuel out of my truck before pulling it from the road but doesn't look like that's going to happen since its to cold to drive it now without the heat and my windows just fog up from the inside!! Lol

do you run premium gas? if so you should not have an issue. now if you run the ethanol laced poison then you definitely want to start running some ethanol free premium before you put your truck to bed for the winter.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Just put some fuel stabilizer in the tank and run if for ten min or so and it will be fine.

Pulled all the A/C stuff out from under the hood, never to be used again. Filled it with gas for a trip down to Kelowna on Friday to pick up some parts.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup this old girl has had nothing but premium since the Hemi swap. So I'm not to worried about it but I still like to get the tank down farther if I can.

My buddy and I were planning on taking my truck and his ford lightning to the track before the winter all this damn rain has ruined those plans now. Oh well a few more mods over the winter and I think I'll give his lightning a real good run in the spring.

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Evened out my antifreeze/water. Was still running more water than antifreeze from the start of summer. Figure it's time now though before we hit the real cold temps and I end up with a cracked block.

The snow tonight was awesome. Not. Going to pick up a sweet parcel today at some point.

@QCL- That sucks man , best of luck with what happens. Thats unreal your truck is still going. Ram Tough.

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Used it to drive to the bus station and pick up a parcel from Merc :) new leafs, moog trac bar and some other goodies :D

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Double post FTW!

Drove it to my workout today....my 45-55mph bump/misfire is gone. Hmmmmm, wonder why?

I had the hair brained idea of routing my number 8 plug wire OVER a heater hose to get it further away from the number 6. I had thought that they were far enough, apparently not as my bump is now gone.

Maybe I'll gain an MPG or so. :devilfinger:

Or maybe not. :uhoh2:

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The snow tonight was awesome. Not. Going to pick up a sweet parcel today at some point.

@QCL- That sucks man , best of luck with what happens. Thats unreal your truck is still going. Ram Tough.

Ya that snow kinda came outta nowhere. I was in the shop for about an hour and a half was nothing when I got there and everything was white when I left!!

Think the insurance is coming off it this weekend unless the weather starts looking up for my last minute trip to Cayuga.

Maybe I'll gain an MPG or so. :devilfinger:

Or maybe not. :uhoh2:

I'm already missing the MPG's my 98 was getting. Forgot how hard on fuel my 06 is. No idea why there is such a difference when they both have the same motor and trans.

I know the 06 is heavier being 4x4 and quad cab but I still think it should do better than it does.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ya that snow kinda came outta nowhere. I was in the shop for about an hour and a half was nothing when I got there and everything was white when I left!!

Think the insurance is coming off it this weekend unless the weather starts looking up for my last minute trip to Cayuga.

I'm already missing the MPG's my 98 was getting. Forgot how hard on fuel my 06 is. No idea why there is such a difference when they both have the same motor and trans.

I know the 06 is heavier being 4x4 and quad cab but I still think it should do better than it does.
You just said it yourself. lol

The Hemi trucks even in their own bodies get better mileage in the shorties than in the Quad Cab 4x4s by quite a bit. That 98 is much much lighter than your 06. Just think what that engine would do in a 70's truck. :banana-mario:

OP
OP
Johnn123

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You remember them pictures!!

:pepper:

Tomorrow I'll post pics. :pepper:

Hopefully no more for a few months.

Quad cab 4x4's seem to be the hardest on fuel I've observed. Is it as bad as the 9.6-10 mpg i'm getting? :pepper:

Truck scared me tonight, trans stuck going from 1st to 2nd from a stop. Wasn't horsing it a just light easy go. Going to be interesting when I drop the pan ...

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Tomorrow I'll post pics. :pepper:

Hopefully no more for a few months.

Quad cab 4x4's seem to be the hardest on fuel I've observed. Is it as bad as the 9.6-10 mpg i'm getting? :pepper:

Truck scared me tonight, trans stuck going from 1st to 2nd from a stop. Wasn't horsing it a just light easy go. Going to be interesting when I drop the pan ...
Could be a clogged filter. At least yours doesn't skip shift like mine does. :party36:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Damn that's a beefy track bar. What else did he send you?