What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Yeah there's your best bet.

got back from the shop they told me the truck doesn't even have a shift solenoid or a trans temp sensor which i knew. but no shift solenoid?!? if that's the case what part number did i get? STDTCS27

sent from my brick using clay

Last edited:

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Just a fyi, it will always put out code 37
a replacement is in my near future, nothing else can explain the smooth shifting at one point then the rough shifting at the next. i decided to not flush it but instead to do it at home i have the stuff at work so instead of it being like $300 it'll be like $150. besides my fluid is burnt so like i said a replacement is near. to do everything new trans,fluid, installation, removal will be about $2,500

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
got back from the shop they told me the truck doesn't even have a shift solenoid or a trans temp sensor which i knew. but no shift solenoid?!? if that's the case what part number did i get? STDTCS27

Wtf

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360

Lmao! I'd find another shop........ I had a similar incident a a long time ago. A shop told me my 93 300zx didn't have spark plugs.

It must be so hard to be that stupid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Lmao! I'd find another shop........ I had a similar incident a a long time ago. A shop told me my 93 300zx didn't have spark plugs.

It must be so hard to be that stupid.

it's supposdly a transmission control solenoid. i think it's the same as a shift solenoid but for obd-2. from what crazzywolfie was saying in the coffeehouse that 95 and before don't have shift solenoids. if that's the case why did i get that part number STDTCS27 when i asked for it by " shift solenoid" at work.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
The seat is finished. Patched a burn hole, not perfect but it beats a black hole and then washed them and the bolster fixed. Now thier almost ready to be reinstalled.

Before
5676ab7edee212ccd4f41c2529620e05.jpg

After
97581aecdff9e79b6904a61bd51553b2.jpg

This was before I Patched the hole
1923db9af205c953439e6216ed242cec.jpg

e0401c8fc365b469a08977c2d751b4b2.jpg

Last edited:

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well for those who aren't on the Facebook or follow my build thread in the members section, I'll update. Trans took a dump on me on Monday night. Had to limp it back about 6 miles with only 1st and 2nd, manually shifting between 1st and 2nd, and with the transmission slipping when taking off in 1st. Tuesday I was able to order a "Monster In A Box" from Monster transmission, kit got delivered yesterday to the transmission shop. Went with the base kit and their stall converter. They tore into it yesterday afternoon, finished it up today around 1.

So I hitched a ride over with my boss and picked it up. I feel like it has a "beast" mode now. Casual driving at slower speeds, you can hardly feel it shift. Smooth as silk. If moving around 20 and you put the pedal down, it'll throw you back pretty hard, and if unprepared has the potential to give a small kid whiplash from just shifting. It's firm. Like...you know it ******* shifted. I love it.

At first I was disappointed as I was leaving for Utah tonight, and the truck has a bunch of stuff going on this weekend while I'm gone so I didn't think I'd get to drive it. Luckily (well kind of ha) my wife wound up getting called into work, so we're leaving tomorrow...meaning I get to actually drive the truck home tonight rather than wait until Sunday when we get back.

But tomorrow it'll get dropped back off at the locksmith next door to my work. I don't know if I mentioned it here or not, but everything is getting rekeyed. Currently I have 9 keys for this ******* thing, which consists of: Ignition/door, fuel door, gun safe, adventure box, swing case, master locks for swing case and spare tire, roto-pax, camper shell, and receiver hitch. I'm getting it condensed down to 3 keys. Master lock sells kits for a lot of this stuff, so I'll have 2 padlocks (swing case and spare tire), the camper shell, and the receiver hitch keyed alike to my ignition/door key. Then the lock on the swing case door, adventure box, roto-pax, and my fuel door will all have the tumblers replaced and keyed alike, giving me a second key. Then I'm keeping my gun safe key seperate for safety purposes.

That's all going down tomorrow. When it's done, my work is going to get the truck moved over to our shop, and my co-worker is going to start on it tomorrow night and hopefully finish up either Saturday night or Sunday morning with my front end, which is regear, ARB locker, compressor, and alloy shafts. Then Sunday night I'll pick it up from the shop on our way back into Boise from Utah and call it done for a while.

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Well I got up this morning for work and had a flat as a pancake.... BFG A/Ts have never failed myself or my friends who have them but hey, they are pretty old.

I remember hitting a pothole on the highway about 2 days ago, remember seeing it but I couldn't swerve in time. I'm guessing that was it but I can't find any punctures yet.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
painted my calipers red. they look great behind my SRT wheels. Pillar pod and gauges should be here today

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca