What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Took bed off today going to clean up and paint frame before putting on new bed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 44

Jrock2394

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Got the tie rod ends in. Went a lot easier than I thought just needs an alignment this week.
e2da9200c5b44b04ccb8e6e9243899e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well it rubs in the front so lift first. I don't want to ruin my tires and I want more clearance!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Fine!
Lift then bumpers.
Got the tie rod ends in. Went a lot easier than I thought just needs an alignment this week.
e2da9200c5b44b04ccb8e6e9243899e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. Hell of a lot cleaner than mine. Between red dirt and about three leaks between the steering box and axle seal, my front end is nasty.

After waking up ******** and puking my brains out this morning, passing back out til 12:30.....I got a bunch done, mowed and trimmed the yard, filled the washer fluid, front axle and steering fluid, then went shopping again....:puke:

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
I got my new exhaust put on last week friday.

I ended up getting a magnaflow 24 inch long muffler. (Part number 12276.)

I matched this up with a dynomax 3" stock bend tailpipe (walker number 55012)

I removed the dual exhaust as it was loud and annoying. Went back to a stock 3 inch tail pipe with single in/out muffler

Truck is nice now, more pleasant to drive for sure. Nice v8 mellow rumble at idle, but when you get on it, its makes some noise (not much but just enough)

Im 100% happy with it. The tail pipe fit perfect. Look right on the truck. The muffler sounds like it should have from the factory.

Magnaflow on my truck and my charger is the way to go, great sound and performance.

Id highly recommend either part for your 2nd gen

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I got my new exhaust put on last week friday.

I ended up getting a magnaflow 24 inch long muffler. (Part number 12276.)

I matched this up with a dynomax 3" stock bend tailpipe (walker number 55012)

I removed the dual exhaust as it was loud and annoying. Went back to a stock 3 inch tail pipe with single in/out muffler

Truck is nice now, more pleasant to drive for sure. Nice v8 mellow rumble at idle, but when you get on it, its makes some noise (not much but just enough)

Im 100% happy with it. The tail pipe fit perfect. Look right on the truck. The muffler sounds like it should have from the factory.

Magnaflow on my truck and my charger is the way to go, great sound and performance.

Id highly recommend either part for your 2nd gen
Cough video cough cough :pepper:

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, with recent transmission issues (not wanting to shift until 4,500+ rpm), I think I might pull my transmission. I know it's most likely valve body or band related, but we can now do it at the shop. So I'm thinking about going ahead and building it, since I have a lot of other work to do to the truck soon anyways.

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
Agreed

I love my Magnaflow, tho mine is a bit louder as I have the 14 inch version, still isn't annoying like a chambered muffler tho.

I will try and do a video if i have time.

Right now my truck needs a tune up, so i will be checking the NGK plugs (not real impressed with them)

Re-gap them, add new plug wires here shortly also.

video when im done hopefully

As far as the 14" magnaflow, i bet that has quite the rumble to it. I was leaning towards the 18", but decided with the magnaflows breaking in i will go with the 24".

Im glad i did, its the exact sound i was hoping for. Sounds like a truck. Little rumble, little noise going down the road. 100% no drone/sound in the cab

I know i will be driving my truck more now as its way more pleasant to drive now!!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I will try and do a video if i have time.

Right now my truck needs a tune up, so i will be checking the NGK plugs (not real impressed with them)

Re-gap them, add new plug wires here shortly also.

video when im done hopefully

As far as the 14" magnaflow, i bet that has quite the rumble to it. I was leaning towards the 18", but decided with the magnaflows breaking in i will go with the 24".

Im glad i did, its the exact sound i was hoping for. Sounds like a truck. Little rumble, little noise going down the road. 100% no drone/sound in the cab

I know i will be driving my truck more now as its way more pleasant to drive now!!

It's really not bad, but that's also because I have an extra 3ft of length on you

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Spotted 2 drops of tranny fluid on the cardboard I left... tightened up bolts all a little. Hope it isn't the dipstick. Lol

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Lol guess I was wrong on the clearance. Made a u-turn at full lock and tie rod completely bent PO's axle side steering stabilizer mount.

LukeGirard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
Ordered a 3" lift/leveling kit for the front of my truck and a new ABS/Speed sensor. Total was about $100 on eBay =)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

joepizuro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v10
Without longer control arms I think your axle gets pulled pretty far back and puts the control arms at a bad angle. Not sure if it really matters at 3 inches

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Without longer control arms I think your axle gets pulled pretty far back and puts the control arms at a bad angle. Not sure if it really matters at 3 inches
3" is the minimum lift where you can get the correct CA's if I remember right. dd94 and a few of the other guys will know that for sure

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
3" is the minimum lift where you can get the correct CA's if I remember right. dd94 and a few of the other guys will know that for sure

At 3" you need CA's yes. They don't make any for less than 3" of lift though as the difference is minimal. HOWEVER, LukeGirard has a 2wd :)

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
At 3" you need CA's yes. They don't make any for less than 3" of lift though as the difference is minimal. HOWEVER, LukeGirard has a 2wd :)
see that's why I don't give definitive answers lol