What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I also found it was easier to leave the hub attached to the shaft unless you're changing it or the u joint at the same time. My ujoint is brand new so i pulled the whole assembly.

Quick tip for getting hub off. Knock the hub on the side of the mounting flange until one of the bolt holes lines is blocked by the flange. After pulling the bolts of course. Use a punch to hit the flange through the bolt hole. I anti-seized all mounting surfaces a few months ago when i did the last seal and it still was a little stubborn

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Awesome thanks bro! I may need some pics of your tool, but I believe I understand the general idea. Probably going to be a bit before I'm able to do that.

On a side note did my first couple of tows with my tow truck, and got all my legal lettering on it. still riding on a temp permit, but once the insurance comes in tags will be too.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I did the same thing trying to make my own tool. Went through all the seals in the local area before I bought a tool for $200 or so from that one online store that uses all their own part numbers. Lol I don't remember the name so that's the best way to describe them

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
wanting on a phone call to go get a power lift chair for the ol's grandma.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Have not done much modding to her as of late, more like high maintenance for the **** kicking she gets on this road. Replaced both drivers side door hinges last week what a pita job. Also been installing a kick ass sound system.

As for installing that seal it's a 10 min job with a homemade tool, why pull it into place when you can push it into place.

Attachments

• 2013-08-30_10-51-56_703.jpg
    2013-08-30_10-51-56_703.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Have not done much modding to her as of late, more like high maintenance for the **** kicking she gets on this road. Replaced both drivers side door hinges last week what a pita job. Also been installing a kick ass sound system.

As for installing that seal it's a 10 min job with a homemade tool, why pull it into place when you can push it into place.
How's that work?? I'm looking to do my seals soon lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Good to see you're still around man. Hope you've been doing well

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, yesterday my truck developed a driveline noise. Going down the highway I noticed it when I turned my music down. High pitched whining, almost like a pump going out. But changed with road speed. Went away at stops. Really noticed it 20+ mph. Tried coasting in neutral, didn't change it. Checked diff level, it was full. Didn't seem real hot either, about normal. After coasting it home, I figured it might be my trans case, as it's been leaking pretty bad. I was hoping it was just real low.
Today I changed the fluid. Good bit of metal swirl to it, but after filling it back up, it made no difference. Really hoping it's not my diff again..
Once I get back from my trip this weekend I'll be pulling the cover and inspecting it. **** me. Lol

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
that tool is for the pass side seal, in the cad.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
From where the bearing is sitting still and the pinion is still moving......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
First time I've been able to post pics in a few weeks so here's 2 of my recent work.

I've been building a new set of lights and here they are. Morimoto D2S 3" projectors. They fill the headlight much better than the 2.5" H1 projectors I've been using. Went to go install em and apparently i bought the wrong ******* igniters. Spent 4hrs troubleshooting the harness ballasts grounds everything when 30 seconds of reading would've told what was wrong. Oh well. Have em ordered and on the way so screw it. But anyways i went full chrome with a bright green passive demon eye. Looks **** when the sunlight hits it right
FB_IMG_1490040002679.jpg

Today i took the side steps off and got the old lights back in and working. You can also see the 4th gen bumper i swapped to.
20170320_193733.jpg

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I thought about putting HIDs in mine with projectors but I don't care for the warm-up process. So I went with a set of stock crystal clear lense housings and a set of Auxbeam F16 9004 LED headlights. I was worried about them scattering and blinding people until I turned them on and noticed they have a cutoff line up top so they're very directional. :)

Sent from my Nexus+6 using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I thought about putting HIDs in mine with projectors but I don't care for the warm-up process. So I went with a set of stock crystal clear lense housings and a set of Auxbeam F16 9004 LED headlights. I was worried about them scattering and blinding people until I turned them on and noticed they have a cutoff line up top so they're very directional. :)

Yeah 10 seconds really is too long to wait for a warmup....lol. There's not a set of LEDs on earth that can match a projector retro in performance. I'm sure the pattern isn't quite what you say it is

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah 10 seconds really is too long to wait for a warmup....lol. There's not a set of LEDs on earth that can match a projector retro in performance. I'm sure the pattern isn't quite what you say it is
I just don't care for any kind of warm up process on my headlights. I want them instant on. The LEDs don't give HID level light output but I don't require projectors for them like I would HID lights. The cut off line isn't projector level but it's decent enough. I actually need to point them up some. I was worried that they would blind other drivers so I pointed them down as far as they would go. They're Sylvania Silver star Ultras on low beam at best. But high beam they're pretty much flood/spot lights. Either way they're better than factory and I haven't had people flash high beams at me since I put them in 2 weeks ago. So all is good so far.

12vcummins59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
towed a buddies ford

Ford in its natural habitat

Attachments

• IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 22

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Stopped and looked at an 01 cummins the other day. 207k miles on her, extremely clean truck. You could tell the owner took care of it.
Only 2wd though which kills it for me unfortunately.
Working on a trailer over the next few days. Got hit by a car destroying the axle and upper rail, frame itself still straight though so picked it up cheap. a94cc9bdd7f205780d67581ecac2220a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, today I pulled each one of my plugs and regaped them like I should have the first time. Bit of an explanation so I won't go there. I had to put the end back on number 4 spark plug wire as they didn't crimp it good enough at MSD.

I ran some Motor Medic MF3 5-Minute Motor Flush through the motor and changed the oil myself. I'm fairly certain that the place I took it to said they changed it, didn't, and charged me for it. Prior to running that motor flush through the engine I had to dump around a quart. The oil was maybe a month old but dark like it had been in there for 3k+ miles.

THEN I found a hose that I didn't hook back up. The one from the valve cover to the air intake box on the driver side. Soon as I hooked that up I found out why people say don't use autozone or oriley's PCV valve's on these trucks. Going to order a Mopar one off amazon tomorrow.

All in all I feel accomplished.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Positive cable came loose today. Got it all resituated better than before. Threw low voltage at the truck for a second though and caused it to throw P1762 and lock out first. Cleared it and good to go. Then i proceeded to drive 3hrs to spend the next 2 days with some friends.

Also I've been getting fed up with my trash steering wheel cover so i pulled it off. Problem is my factory leather is screwed. Went ahead and ordered a two-tone leather re-wrap kit with extra foam padding to thicken it up from Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots