What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Rotated and balanced my tires Thursday. lololololol soooo much weigh. Suckers are getting roadforced when I do em this summer.

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Today I determined that my multimeter gauge is useless. I replaced the door pins on my driver side door so it doesn't drag when I close it and by pure ******* magic I got my dash vents working again.

The dash vents issue has been something I've been chasing for a year now. It would blow out of the defroster, floorboards, or defroster and floorboards but never out of the dash vents to the driver and passenger. Today I found the offending actuator by accident. I noticed it didn't move when I changed the vent controls and I manged to figure out what the other two actuators went to so this was the odd man out. I pulled the vacuum line to check for vacuum and as soon as I did a pop came from the actuator. I put the hose back on it as there was actually vacuum and what do you know... my dash vents work again.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
very lucky on the dash vent fix! thats awesome!

Changed the oil on the cummins wrecker, have never pre filled a filter until now. fuel filter for tomorrow I needed a new socket.

Also charged the ac and bypassed the low pressure switch like I did in the dually, so its icey now!

Did the first legal tow with it, a bit wild on the highway, but takes some getting used to.

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
very lucky on the dash vent fix! thats awesome!

Changed the oil on the cummins wrecker, have never pre filled a filter until now. fuel filter for tomorrow I needed a new socket.

Also charged the ac and bypassed the low pressure switch like I did in the dually, so its icey now!

Did the first legal tow with it, a bit wild on the highway, but takes some getting used to.

Yeah, I suspect that because it didn't have an AC Compressor on it that Killeen just let it sit in their lot. I took it for a drive last night and the vents still change so I suspect that one actuator just got stuck from years of sitting. My next task is to figure out what's going on with my headlights. I noticed that my high beam filament stays on even after I turn it off. I'm betting either a bad relay or ground. I'll move my grounds first today and go from there. Next weekend I'm thinking about going to the junk yard and picking up a AC Compressor and seeing about locating a rebuild kit for something to do.

As for what I've done to her today... Nothing... I am thinking about getting a set of JBL GTO939's for her front doors though.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to pull-a-part and got a battery box and fan shroud. Got the battery box installed. Pulled the radiator out. Got a new one to put in, but I'm missing one of the rubber feet for it, anyone know where to get one?

Flushed the engine and heater core - lots of nasty brown water came out.

New headlights came in, but I'm waiting on getting everything else up and running before installing those.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Changed to led tail lights, on the wrecker, same as all my other trucks with the oval tail lights. for $20 for two new wiring and grommets can't be beatIMG_3650.jpg IMG_3651.jpg

jlbayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 & 1997
Engine
5.9l cummins
Spent all weekend getting a built auto together for my 12v. triple disc, billet input & output, billet direct drum some other stuff. Oh so nice to hit the pedal and it actually move like it's supposed to.

fowlerdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Finished install of Detroit Trutrac diff with new 3.90 gears. Old stock anti-spin c-clips backed out, caught it in a nick of time.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Well I pulled my plastic bed liner and tailgate liner out yesterday. Going to sand everything down and do a roll in application like Monstaliner or something here soon. Wednesday night I swapped out my factory length Bilstein 4600 shocks for Bilstein 5100s for a 2" lift. Rides better. About 2 weeks ago I added Dynomax mini race bullets for resonators to my tailpipes and added my new Carven 4" tips.

I've been a little MIA lately, bought a house and have been busy dealing with that.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Had a blow out Saturday night on way to a tow, installed a fire extinguisher earlier in the day. borrowed a rim / tire from the v10 dually tow truckIMG_3762.jpg IMG_3763.jpg

Also updated side marker lights to LED, working on the front turn signal and my top light bar lights next.

Anyluck with the individual cluster led bulbs? the ones that plug into same 2027 socket or whatever it is?

Changed two dolly wheels on the wrecker also
new clutch put in

my v10 tow truck has a bad ball joint on the front the press in kind, I replaced them in August but it "popped out" only way to describe it.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Had a blow out Saturday night on way to a tow, installed a fire extinguisher earlier in the day. borrowed a rim / tire from the v10 dually tow truckView attachment 123835 View attachment 123836

Also updated side marker lights to LED, working on the front turn signal and my top light bar lights next.

Anyluck with the individual cluster led bulbs? the ones that plug into same 2027 socket or whatever it is?

Changed two dolly wheels on the wrecker also
new clutch put in

my v10 tow truck has a bad ball joint on the front the press in kind, I replaced them in August but it "popped out" only way to describe it.
If you put those 3157 leds in all 4 corners you can run an led specific relay that keeps you from having to splice in resistors. That's what i run

Neo299

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I have a '98 1500 sport 4x4. Does anyone know how or if I can put bigger front brake rotors on it? Looking for more stopping power as the stock brakes are anemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have a '98 1500 sport 4x4. Does anyone know how or if I can put bigger front brake rotors on it? Looking for more stopping power as the stock brakes are anemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only easy option is to drop in 2500 7500lb GVWR calipers and towing pads.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
If you put those 3157 leds in all 4 corners you can run an led specific relay that keeps you from having to splice in resistors. That's what i run

It has a wrecker bed so doesn't have the 3157 in rear, are the fronts 3157? Do they have to be amber? I don't recall I haven't changed those in quite some time!

I also already have the "led relay" from Oreilly, my original relay went berserk the led was all they had.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
It has a wrecker bed so doesn't have the 3157 in rear, are the fronts 3157? Do they have to be amber? I don't recall I haven't changed those in quite some time!

I also already have the "led relay" from Oreilly, my original relay went berserk the led was all they had.
If you have an LED relay front turn bulbs should be plug and play. Can be amber or a white/amber switchback but amber would be cheaper

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Nice looking trucks! Is your dakota stock height or lowered a bit?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Got new tires on the ram and cleaned both trucks up

View attachment 124253
Damn dude that's a sexy dakota. Ram is nice but that dakota is killer. I've wanted one for awhile

Check out my new engine! Getting it from a buddy. He's swapping in a 318/5spd and I'm getting his old 360. Good thing the block is all i wanted! 20180401_030909.jpg 20180401_030902.jpg

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Trans is acting funky. Due for its 30,000 service, which also happens to be the first one. Consulted Tyler up there^^ and he said his MegaViper is doing the same thing mine is, and his ALSO has only 30k on it.

Soooooo a service and TV cable adjustment is definitely in my future when I get back from my vacation.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Trans is acting funky. Due for its 30,000 service, which also happens to be the first one. Consulted Tyler up there^^ and he said his MegaViper is doing the same thing mine is, and his ALSO has only 30k on it.

Soooooo a service and TV cable adjustment is definitely in my future when I get back from my vacation.
Yep mines do for tv adjustment. Wants a little more throttle induced line pressure