What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
what is going on with that engine sludge?

jlbayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 & 1997
Engine
5.9l cummins
@DodgeTx I use the twist lock bases from grand prixs and sylvania leds. I've tried cheap ebay leds and they do not last.

Annnnndddd I get to do a head gasket. YAYYYYYY.

Snapchat-738453784.jpg

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
what is going on with that engine sludge?
Well he was adding a quart a week and really didn't drive it much so..... she's toast. Gonna go down to bare block and start over with it lol

Today i had the tire shop swap my 315/70/17 BFGs with my old 285/70/17 Toyos. I miss the 315s already, ***** looks small now. But tq like a tank so fuq it

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Solved a year's worth of mystery in 5 minutes today.

I literally thought that my TPS was the route of all my problems.

Slow start, starts immediately at 600rpm with no high idle and idle down when it's cold. Sometimes it stumbles to life. Bogging on takeoff. Etc. Replaced IAC and it's a brand new truck.

How did I figure it out?..... It stalled twice yesterday. Once after cranking and once when I out it in reverse.

Still need to throw in a Jr Shift kit and governor pressure solenoid.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
@Shadow_Death can you elaborate on your issue. I've replaced my PCM on my lowered ram and it fixed it for a few months, where is this sensor? It's now stalling again but restarts almost instantly.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
changed the fuel pump out on my blue dodge, hoping the cause of random shut downs. no luck :/

Got to use the dollies on the cummins wrecker the other day. It was definitely on the job training.

Fixed my popped out ball joint on my dually repo truck earlier today. IMG_38321.jpg IMG_38331.jpg IMG_38341.jpg IMG_38941.jpg

IMG_38481.jpg

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8

Neo299

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I am looking to put an intake manifold from a 360 on my 1998 1500 5.2 magnum. I am having trouble finding any online. As this truck uses a throttle body and not really carb or EFI what do I look for? I know I could check junk yards but I am hoping for brand new and maybe better performance. I have no idea here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
@Shadow_Death can you elaborate on your issue. I've replaced my PCM on my lowered ram and it fixed it for a few months, where is this sensor? It's now stalling again but restarts almost instantly.

Mine was a bogging on take off. Sometimes my truck would take off easily and sometimes it felt like a boat in water taking off. It felt like it had a massive vacuum leak due to the loss of power on take off. Only recently did it actually die on me after cranking it though. I decided to go pick up a cheap replacement from Orileys to test my theory and sure enough that was it. My issue turned out to be the Idle Air Control Valve on the back of the throttle body. I tried cleaning mine which worked for a little while then the problem came back. So this time I replaced it.

Now I'm trying to resolve an issue that I've noticed since I adjusted the bands. I don't think it's a new issue, I think it's just more prominent now that the bands are properly adjusted.

It does this weird shuffle either in first gear or between first and second. When it does it in first gear it's almost like it's jumping in and out of gear. A little more throttle and you can feel it physically engage gears and take off like no other. This is why I suspect Governor Pressure Solenoid issues. It doesn't do it in 2nd or anything above 1st. Also in 1st at full throttle it will run through gears with ease. I'm actually starting to think it already has a shift kit installed. It doesn't slouch between gears at all.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
yeah randomly dying, its the PCM, replaced it 5 years ago now, it started acting up again oct last year, got a refurb one, and its messing up again only 6 months later.

I'm open t other ideas if anyone has any, but basically it runs great, then decides to die and will only crank all day, wait 30 -1 hour and it will fire up and run great until it decides to die again.

It really happens randomly at any speed at anytime no matter how long or short the truck has ran. unable to recreate the issue on demand

Doc1609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice looking trucks! Is your dakota stock height or lowered a bit?
the Dakota is an RT so its an inch shorter than stock from the factory. It just looks so short compared to my ram haha.

Doc1609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn dude that's a sexy dakota. Ram is nice but that dakota is killer. I've wanted one for awhile

Check out my new engine! Getting it from a buddy. He's swapping in a 318/5spd and I'm getting his old 360. Good thing the block is all i wanted! View attachment 124310 View attachment 124311
Thanks man. I just picked up the Dakota a few months ago...42,000 original miles...I looked for about 2 years before I finally found it. That is quite the build-up you got there!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I am looking to put an intake manifold from a 360 on my 1998 1500 5.2 magnum. I am having trouble finding any online. As this truck uses a throttle body and not really carb or EFI what do I look for? I know I could check junk yards but I am hoping for brand new and maybe better performance. I have no idea here.

360 and 318 manifolds are the same. Only available plug and play piece is the HughesEngines Airgap

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I finally found an intake manifold to directly replace the stock one with fuel rails and stock or better throttle body. Huge increase in power.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/products.php?partid=24773

Take his claims with a grain of salt. He's a proven bull****ter and on a 5.2 you will lose bottom end tq without a proper tune. FRP Tuning is the only place I'd recommend getting that

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Take his claims with a grain of salt. He's a proven bull****ter and on a 5.2 you will lose bottom end tq without a proper tune. FRP Tuning is the only place I'd recommend getting that

This is exactly why I chose to stay with a stock intake manifold. That kegger Torque is great for me. I hate the fact that it's a 2 piece but it's that or 700 bucks out of my pocket and apparently a wait time on that manifold and the loss of torque without a $400-500 tune. >.>

Maybe on my engine build in the future but not right now. lol

Neo299

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
This is exactly why I chose to stay with a stock intake manifold. That kegger Torque is great for me. I hate the fact that it's a 2 piece but it's that or 700 bucks out of my pocket and apparently a wait time on that manifold and the loss of torque without a $400-500 tune. >.>

Maybe on my engine build in the future but not right now. lol

A local performance exhaust shop recommended getting a intake manifold from a stock 360 and putting that on my 318 as the ports would be much bigger. That guy that told me that used to race mopars.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
A local performance exhaust shop recommended getting a intake manifold from a stock 360 and putting that on my 318 as the ports would be much bigger. That guy that told me that used to race mopars.

Older LA 318s/360s sure. Magnums that's bull.

Magnum heads are the same too