What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Smart man.

The most precious thing you own is time. And replacing "lifetime warranty" parts over and over robs you of it. But hey, I get a new part free right? Right?

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
^^^^ Nice job!

I checked the header bolts for tightness today. All tight. I checked Saturday and one was loose. I think it was mechanic oversight! No leak there.

Love those Remflex gaskets!!!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
^^^^ Nice job!

I checked the header bolts for tightness today. All tight. I checked Saturday and one was loose. I think it was mechanic oversight! No leak there.

Love those Remflex gaskets!!!
I check mine maybe every 6 months and after about 3 years ive only ever found 1 loose. Remflex is good stuff!

Sunday night i put in all new tie rods and sleeves, did the T-steering conversion. Haven't driven on it yet but my only complaint so far is it didn't have a mount for the steering damper. I'll figure something out but for a little while I'll do without.

Yesterday i was doing ball joints and u- joints and found this.
20190506_210917.jpg
Alignment shop was the last to put any ball joints in the truck like 2 years ago and apparently they never put the grease zerk in. I never noticed when i was underneath because everything was covered in gunk. Didn't even have a plug or anything, just open threads.

Still waiting on my good grease to show up and another ball joint because i ripped the brand new driverside lower boot like an idiot so i bought another joint and I'll just swap over the boot.

Next project is finding where my transfer case is leaking from

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I check mine maybe every 6 months and after about 3 years ive only ever found 1 loose. Remflex is good stuff!

Sunday night i put in all new tie rods and sleeves, did the T-steering conversion. Haven't driven on it yet but my only complaint so far is it didn't have a mount for the steering damper. I'll figure something out but for a little while I'll do without.

Piece of angle and a couple of stainless saddle clamps, a few moments with a scribe, machinists square and drill, and it's done. I cheated, I used an old track bar bracket, that cheesy piece that rough country sells.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Piece of angle and a couple of stainless saddle clamps, a few moments with a scribe, machinists square and drill, and it's done. I cheated, I used an old track bar bracket, that cheesy piece that rough country sells.
The angle iron is kind of exactly what i was thinking. Little simpler but pretty much the same lol

Basslicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Thanks man appreciate it. I’m from morehead ky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on. I'll be moving to Dry Ridge in a couple months.

Not my line of work but replaced 22 year old headliner and carpet. Probably not showroom quality but I’m pleased with it.

View attachment 165264
View attachment 165260
View attachment 165263 View attachment 165261 View attachment 165262

I think it looks pretty damn good, brother!

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Someone hit the front driverside of my tow truck on Wednesday! Pushed it in about 1-2 inches. Hopefully a new bumper for me, but it wont be color matched anymore.

IMG_9646.jpeg

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Went looking for a squeaking noise last saturday.
Found that my front brakes are beyond shot, passenger wheel hub is on its way out and both axle joints are loose.

Yay me. Ordered calipers, pads, rotors and a wheel hub that night. Brakes are here. Still waiting on the wheel hub, may not end up working on it at all this weekend if this rain keeps up.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
uh oh? Whats wrong with the headlight what did I miss lol! I need to add it to the claim!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sucker is filled with moisture. Idk if that's from the wreck or prior damage.

Basslicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Found that my front brakes are beyond shot, passenger wheel hub is on its way out and both axle joints are loose.

Yay me. Ordered calipers, pads, rotors and a wheel hub that night. Brakes are here. Still waiting on the wheel hub, may not end up working on it at all this weekend if this rain keeps up.

D'OH!

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
changed out the apps sensor on tow truck again today, might be time for the cummins assembly if this one does dead pedal!

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum

OMG, don't even get me started on the mother****ing rain! I swear, it has rained every frigging weekend here for the last month and a half. What REALLY ****** me off is that the weather has been quite nice during the week, when I have to work. But as soon as the weekend arrives, BOOM...rain.

My truck needs this and that, the Taurus needs a four-corner brake job and my Firebird is currently sitting in three-feet of grass (the lawn mower caught fire last weekend and now the engine won't turn, still gotta figure that out) and everything has been stalled because of the frigging weather!

Sigh, Iowa climate can be such a pain in the ass.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OMG, don't even get me started on the mother****ing rain! I swear, it has rained every frigging weekend here for the last month and a half. What REALLY ****** me off is that the weather has been quite nice during the week, when I have to work. But as soon as the weekend arrives, BOOM...rain.

My truck needs this and that, the Taurus needs a four-corner brake job and my Firebird is currently sitting in three-feet of grass (the lawn mower caught fire last weekend and now the engine won't turn, still gotta figure that out) and everything has been stalled because of the frigging weather!

I don't think is Iowa I think you have bad luck lol

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8

I don't think is Iowa I think you have bad luck lol

Western Iowa has been wonderful lately :)