What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
does it only stop when starting it with remote or does it do it whether you start it with a key or remote

Only with remote start my brake pedal is the kill switch on the remote start. So if I hit the pedal without the key in the on position it dies. Hence why it does when I put it in gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Only with remote start my brake pedal is the kill switch on the remote start. So if I hit the pedal without the key in the on position it dies. Hence why it does when I put it in gear

i know the truck will shut down if you do that, i was talking about your a/c cutting off

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
i know the truck will shut down if you do that, i was talking about your a/c cutting off

Only when done with remote start but it works up to the brake pedal pressed.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only when done with remote start but it works up to the brake pedal pressed.

With my remote start, if I unlock the door, then put the key in the on, I then still need to switch it over to regular running. To do this I press the brake pedal.

So it's, unlock doors, jump in, put key in ignition, turn to on (but do not attempt to crank the starter), press brake pedal.

The radio and all other electronics will fully function once I turn the key to on. The ac/heater blower and wipers will run before I get in the truck.

If I touch the brake pedal before I put the key in, everything shuts off.

I have a 5 spd, so I have to do a specific sequence to initiate remote start before I shut off the truck (press brake pedal and pull parking brake at the same time without the clutch pressed, take key out, get out, arm the alarm to shut off the truck).

Last edited:

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
With my remote start, if I unlock the door, then put the key in the on, I then still need to switch it over to regular running. To do this I press the brake pedal.

So it's, unlock doors, jump in, put key in ignition, turn to on (but do not attempt to crank the starter), press brake pedal.

The radio and all other electronics will fully function once I turn the key to on. The ac/heater blower and wipers will run before I get in the truck.

Yeah mine does the same but for some reason when I hit the brake pedal after the key in in the On position it kills the heat/AC. Works before I hit the pedal and works if I start the truck without the remote start but not if I do it with the remote start and have hit the brake pedal. Radio works lights work everything else works but not the AC

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
So went to make a video to show what it was doing and it decided to work fine so it must be a short somewhere I'll schedule to have it checked by the installers since it should be free

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cb810f4b959687e1ea34bf2e2aab2df6.jpg
I think I got home to finish her just in time. It was just a tad sticky still. Now she's drying for the final coat
This weekend I'll finish the top of the tailgate.

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cb810f4b959687e1ea34bf2e2aab2df6.jpg
I think I got home to finish her just in time. It was just a tad sticky still. Now she's drying for the final coat
This weekend I'll finish the top of the tailgate.

So badly want to do this and get rid of my drop in liner

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Been thinking about doing this to my '85 as well since there's no drop-in liner or anything, just bare metal.

Nice job!

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Easy weekend project. One day is all you need really. I'd guesstimate 6-8 hours from prep to finishing second coat.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So went to make a video to show what it was doing and it decided to work fine so it must be a short somewhere I'll schedule to have it checked by the installers since it should be free

The hvac system is usually on the ignition 2 circuit. It sounds like there is some kind of issue with the ignition 2 circuit during the handoff from the remote start unit to the truck. Without seeing how they wired it up it's hard to tell. There could be a wiring issue as simple as a bad connection somewhere or the ignition 2 relay they installed could be bad/miswired. Could also just be something in the control unit needs programmed. Either way, they do warranty the install so it will be free to have them fix it. But it definitely sounds like an issue with the ignition 2 circuit.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
The hvac system is usually on the ignition 2 circuit. It sounds like there is some kind of issue with the ignition 2 circuit during the handoff from the remote start unit to the truck. Without seeing how they wired it up it's hard to tell. There could be a wiring issue as simple as a bad connection somewhere or the ignition 2 relay they installed could be bad/miswired. Could also just be something in the control unit needs programmed. Either way, they do warranty the install so it will be free to have them fix it. But it definitely sounds like an issue with the ignition 2 circuit.

Was planning on calling them up but my local one is closed Wednesday and Thursday for some reason.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
back to the dd routine....pretty pleased with the halogens I got on flea bay.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
So odd experience happened at work veteran walks in raisen hell about his K5's alternator we get to talking he's cooled off. Talked about my truck and dude offers me a free Dana 60 new to the area needs some help getting word out about his business building roll cages and I told him I know some people. Cool guy free axle gonna have to go get it(with a buddy and maybe a sidearm of course) but hey Dana 60 swap for me

DietDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Did a custom drop on my truck, consisted of 1500-1800lbs of bricks and limestone. Kinda like it. Maybe after I get a lifted cummins I'll drop the longbed?

Attachments

• IMG_7648.JPG
    IMG_7648.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 48

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So odd experience happened at work veteran walks in raisen hell about his K5's alternator we get to talking he's cooled off. Talked about my truck and dude offers me a free Dana 60 new to the area needs some help getting word out about his business building roll cages and I told him I know some people. Cool guy free axle gonna have to go get it(with a buddy and maybe a sidearm of course) but hey Dana 60 swap for me

Rear or steering axle?

Where is his business at? Does he do other fabrication?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Rear or steering axle?

Where is his business at? Does he do other fabrication?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Rear and I'm not sure on what else he does.
He's in a small town I grew up in on his property

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Easy weekend project. One day is all you need really. I'd guesstimate 6-8 hours from prep to finishing second coat.

What kit did you use? I need to do this to mine as well as its bare metal still an the wheel well in the bed are a lil beat up