What Did You Do To Your RAM Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by crazzywolfie, Oct 2, 2013.

1. RonJon '06

RonJon '06 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2006, 1985
    Engine:
    5.7, 360
    It might have to wait until Spring then...

I haven't fixed mine yet either. I'm afraid I'm going to get stuck out in the cold if I forget the keys in the truck, the door likes to lock all by itself lol.

2. crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
    winter is never a good time to take on projects unless you have a decent sized garage lol. if i don't keep the latches in my vehicle the doors don't stay shut and vehicle gets filled with snow

3. Sniper X

Sniper X Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I just replaced both the door locks on my truck due to the fact the PO forgot to give me the door keys. Right before I got it he replaced the ignition and gave me four keys to it but no door keys. Got a new set of OEM lock cylenders from Amazon with 2 keys for $18.00 shipped so did it in about an hour. Whilst in there I lubed all the window cranks and runners now my doors work like new. Oh and I put a new CB radio in my No Power Wagon too.

[​IMG]

4. Sniper X

Sniper X Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    A few electronic things...

I added a digital volt meter that I got with a cool kit that came with a digital volt meter, a dual USB phone tyrpe outlet, and a power tap in the form of a cigar lighter. I am going to install them separately instead of use the little panel that had all three in a row because it is way to long to actually fit anywhere.

I installed the volt meter down on the little blank panel to the lower right of the steering wheel. And since I'll probably delete the useless Message Center, the other two along with a few lighted switches will go there.

I also added two 10 gauge source hot wires for future use, one for my linear amp for my CB radio, and the other for a 2m 70cm ham radio I am installing later.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  5. Sniper X

Sniper X Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Threw this head unit in today. It rocks for the money! Ill clean up all the dusty crap tomorrow before I reinstall the gauges and stuff, I'm waiting on new gauge lamp holders. LOL! Just noticed in the previous pic of my new CB the old Alpine head unit is still in it! If anyone wants it I'll give it to you for the price of shipping. Sounds great but no features....In this pic the engine is off or the volt gauge will read 14.2 or so. PLus the oil pressure is usually in the middle or higher...And you can see how bright the new LED lamps are in the gauges and how bright the needles are painted yellow.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    RonJon '06 likes this.
  6. Sniper X

Sniper X Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Did my front door speakers. Did a little write up on it in the audio section...went great and sounds killer.

7. Brucecmc

Brucecmc Senior Member

Ram Year:
    1985 Power Ram W-150
    Engine:
    318 V8 5.2L
    Replaced the oil pressure sending unit

Omg. What a PIA. Changed oil from 15w40 to 10w30 in my 85 ram W150 prospector. Little did I know, this act would cause the oil pressure to practically bottom out. After much discussion, removal of the sending unit, connecting a manual gauge for testing and determining the oil pressure was in fact running low (20 at idle, 30 at 2k rpm), I was then info'd by a knowledgable mopar guy that the w150 is good with running the higher weight oil (preferred) and that they run rust fine with the pressures I was seeing. So, I put the new sending unit in (because I had alreadyy bought it) and drained the 10/30, replaced with 15/40 and I'm right back in biz. Here's a couple pics of the sending unit. Couldn't believe the placement of this thing. Lord, I got bruises, cuts and scrapes all over tryin to get it out and back in.

8. crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
    got my horns mounted in my 81. wish there was a better place to mount them but with how long the 1 trumpet is my options were limited. almost can't wait for the day i can mount them on the roof like air horns. i just don't know if my battery or charging system will support the amount of horns i want to run. even as is you see about a 1-2 volt when you lay on them so i am guessing they pull about 20-30amps/set

Attached Files:

9. rule18

rule18 Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Rebel
    Engine:
    3.6, 3.92 and a Pedal Commander
    Flares showed up this morning...

Attached Files:

10. ROtruck

ROtruck Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 360
    Plugs condition

Looking at the plugs today. I know it hasn't been doing right! In order left to right: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 Been driving this since '02. 4th set.i know it's getting old but still Halls gas!

Attached Files: