What first: Lift or Superchip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GunMetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hey guys,
Okay to start out, I have an 02 reg cab shortbed, 4.7 4x4 with the 3.92 gears. I already have a CAI and cat-back dual exhaust, and have recently cranked my torsion bars. I also have a set of 35x12.5's waiting to go on. Within the next 2 months I plan on getting a 3" PA body lift and a Superchips 3865. My question is what should I get first, the lift or the superchip? Like I said, they'll only be about two months apart, but I cant decide in what order. I would really like the extra power and tuning from the flashpaq, but I can't wait to see that thing in the air with those tires on it. What would you do?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'd lift it since you already have the tires sitting there, then you can walk out and love how it looks everyday :)

OP
OP
GunMetal

GunMetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hmm, good point. I guess I'm just torn between having it look good right now, or being able to have a slight power increase until I save for the lift.

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lift it then chip it. This way when you go from no lift to lift and 35s and then later add the chip youll feel like you gained alot of power vs chip it now and then add the lift and tires youll feel like you lost power.

Camo Ram

OP
OP
GunMetal

GunMetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Well I got set back a bit. Had to have hernia surgery so I lost about a month of work and time. BUT, I recently went ahead and ordered the PA 3" body lift, so I'll be gettin ready to put that on shortly. :banana-mario:

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Too late I guess. My vote (for the record) was a Superchips.