Hemifever tune or bolt ons first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was planning on lowering my truck from 6 inches to 4 inches on my RC lift. All I need is the smaller spacers in the rear and stock coil springs in the front. Unfortunately, I had the shop throw away the old strut/coils so will have to buy new ones to do it. I have seen a few 35s on a 4-inch lift in the forums and like the more stuffed wheel well look. As I am 2wd I don't necessarily need the 6inch for anything crazy anyways
35s on a level but I am 4wd. I’m actually planning on dropping it back from 3” front down to 2.5” front

Attachments

• BE4CA151-FA38-4ABB-BEBE-558EF6F23103.jpeg
    BE4CA151-FA38-4ABB-BEBE-558EF6F23103.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 8

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was planning on lowering my truck from 6 inches to 4 inches on my RC lift. All I need is the smaller spacers in the rear and stock coil springs in the front. Unfortunately, I had the shop throw away the old strut/coils so will have to buy new ones to do it. I have seen a few 35s on a 4-inch lift in the forums and like the more stuffed wheel well look. As I am 2wd I don't necessarily need the 6inch for anything crazy anyways
At least you don’t have to worry about the front driveshaft spacer

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah I was thinking later down the road I could ask the forum if anyone has their stock front coil springs for sale and then buy the rear spaces which are $150 bucks. Would not be too expensive.

@crazykid1994 I love the black with the maroon scheme. Id love to do the same but I think ill do a black/polished wheel so it is best of both worlds and wont have to paint match anything

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah the parking garage around here I don't think I fit, same with the garage lol. 4inch I think it would fit just fine.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
My fahren led driver side fog light stopped working but I reached out and they are sending a new one

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s why my wheels have machined accents and my side steps have bare aluminum diamond plating for the actual step.

Attachments

• 0F9161FD-2329-48F3-9118-A405F66B2524.jpeg
    0F9161FD-2329-48F3-9118-A405F66B2524.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 5

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I can't seem to get a response from hemifever if I am able to buy a used pcm as long as it is the same as mine for the pcm swap. So I doubt ill dish out the 1k+ for being able to keep my stock one. The reason I don't want to go with HP is that there is no canned tune so it is basically all in which I can't do just yet. The diablo I could run the canned tunes for a while like 6months-1year before spending the 300 for bolt on mod and trans tune
I bought a used unlocked PCM and DiabloSport from a member for mine. Sent the PCM to DS for vin correction and it worked. There was a hiccup along the way that turned out to be a super easy fix. But I can attest to that fact that you can use a used PCM. Just needs to be correct for your truck and unlocked from DS.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Brandon-W sent me a video yesterday of his truck on mud tires Khris,it was impressive to say the least.I'll let him spill the beans on how fast he had it up to,if he wants,but i'll admit i was impressed :waytogo: :Big Laugh:
Mine surprised me. During so datalogging HF wanted a full throttle 0-70mph pull. That led to a few "more than 70" pulls to see what it had.
Screenshot_20230223_112628_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
@Bandit517 yeah I was looking at ebay and also the mopar site I think had one for like 320ish but had a 150 core charge so I think I'd have to give my old one up that route. Since I'll be holding off I'll definitely be either buying a used one or new regardless but thanks for letting me know!

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
If the muffler comes in tomorrow early enough ima call the shop and see if they can fill me in so I don't wait till Tuesday. If so I'll be a lead foot for awhile

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Bandit517 yeah I was looking at ebay and also the mopar site I think had one for like 320ish but had a 150 core charge so I think I'd have to give my old one up that route. Since I'll be holding off I'll definitely be either buying a used one or new regardless but thanks for letting me know!
I got my extra PCM that I sent to Diablo from these guys
No core change, been in the truck for a few years with no problems-

Seems to be lots available in Florida area

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got my extra PCM that I sent to Diablo from these guys
No core change, been in the truck for a few years with no problems-

Seems to be lots available in Florida area
Nice, great link to have! Its bookmarked so when I go to cross the bridge ill have options now. I appreciate!

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
None of the above. If you want to drive it every day that is. You will be logging and sending that log to Hemifeaver every few days for over a month to get the tune right for your vehicle. There is no such thing as a caned tune for any particular mod. You do it over and over until you find something that works. EVERY time you change anything.

As well, most of these tunes that get you a little more power just mess with the air/fuel ratio and the timing. You end up using premium fuel because of the more aggressive timing and it will run a little rich, gas smell, at driving conditions. Where as a stock tune will adjust itself to whatever fuel you put in it.

You will get worse gas millage. The stock tune gives you the best balance between power/fuel ecomony/fuel type already. NO ONE does it better. Only different sacrifices for minor gains.

Put lower gears in it. You will instantly get more torque throughout rpm range without affecting anything else other than adjustting speedometer. Leave the rest alone if you want to drive it every day.

I am still oddly courious why someone would want to make a 6000lb truck fast. A car with 150 less hp that weighs 2000 lbs less will still blow it away. In the end, you spend ton of money to make something do what it was not designed to do for a purpose it was not created for. In addition to spending more time working on it than driving it.

Buy dance lessons. Significatly cheaper in time and money and will produce much better results than trying to impress some guy you do not know, because the girl sitting next to him could care less about your loud truck. If she ever sees it. Maybe she will spot you leaning over the hood in the driveway working on it as she is going to a club with the guy who took dance lessons.

If you want something fast, buy something fast from the factory and drive it every day. No one does it better than the factory. Buy a used Hellcat instead of dumping money and time into a truck that costs just as much and will NEVER be able to touch it.
Because it's FUN!!!
And no other vehicle can daily drive, get groceries, haul lumber, tow a camper, do a little muddin', and spank local camaros at the track.
20230421_115055.jpg
The left is me spanking a kid in an older white Camaro. The right is my best time on a different day. My truck's not real fast but man, is she fun to drive and as you can see I do surprise a few folks.
20220825_211241.jpg
@BrbGettinCoffee , do you have a local track? It's an absolute blast. And the best way to show before and after improvements with mods. Either way, you won't regret having fun with your truck. They are the ultimate vehicles!

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because it's FUN!!!
And no other vehicle can daily drive, get groceries, haul lumber, tow a camper, do a little muddin', and spank local camaros at the track.
View attachment 519646
The left is me spanking a kid in an older white Camaro. The right is my best time on a different day. My truck's not real fast but man, is she fun to drive and as you can see I do surprise a few folks.
View attachment 519647
@BrbGettinCoffee , do you have a local track? It's an absolute blast. And the best way to show before and after improvements with mods. Either way, you won't regret having fun with your truck. They are the ultimate vehicles!
Nearest official strip to me is 1.5 hours each way, there's a short track near me that does roughly 100 yard not timed street drags on the front straight. Wish I had one closer.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
@Wild one yeah absolutely! Ill be taking that advice for sure. Debating on just saving up for the all in HP route since I can use it on another vehicle as long as I register credits I believe. Since idk if I will trade up to a 4x4 or something else after I get into my career I think itd be best to have something that can stay with me. My worry is once I get into my career and gf is done the end of year and gets into hers, we will be looking for some toys like 4wheeler/jetski/boat and never hauled anything before so not sure what to expect with boat ramps or offroad.

@BadHemi2014 so I live in Florida and in PSL so I am 2 hours away from orlando/miami and then there is one like a hour away which is palm beach international raceway. Once I get the tune id love to go and see some official numbers and then again after headers.

OP
OP
BrbGettinCoffee
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2wd laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Muffler, ypipe and tips going on tuesday. I know I said I wasnt going to do the ypipe since long tube headers but that very may be a couple years out so since they are under there anyways figured wth. After I get the labor cost ill be prdering that lower 6.4 airbox/duct/filter and then saving up for tune. Maybe ill set up a gofundme since you all are so generous with your knowledge maybe the same is true for your wallets :Big Laugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357