What is this for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JPT

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On the 02-05s (for sure) the air temp readout will be in the little trip computer integrated with the map lights on the SLT and higher trucks.

When included... Mine wont cycle through it.

I wonder if this is a feature that can be turned on, since it is already wired...

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I wonder if this is a feature that can be turned on, since it is already wired...

Are you talking dash or overhead?

The overhead unit has the temp display, dash does not(that I know of). Never seen one there anyway.

OP
OP
JPT

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you talking dash or overhead?

The overhead unit has the temp display, dash does not(that I know of). Never seen one there anyway.

Someone else in this thread reported that they have the temp gauge when you cycle through the miles/trip/temp. I have no idea. I know I have the sensor, and do not see it on the miles/trip gauge on the dash...

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Someone else in this thread reported that they have the temp gauge when you cycle through the miles/trip/temp. I have no idea. I know I have the sensor, and do not see it on the miles/trip gauge on the dash...

I was the one that said I have the temp gauge in with my trip meter. When I cycle it goes from the normal odometer, to the trip meter, to the temp gauge, then back to the odometer.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Since you have an 03, you would have it in the overhead console thing, which on your truck is probably a little cubby.
I was the one that said I have the temp gauge in with my trip meter. When I cycle it goes from the normal odometer, to the trip meter, to the temp gauge, then back to the odometer.

You also have an 07, which I believe had some electronic changes as far as that sort of stuff goes.

OP
OP
JPT

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since you have an 03, you would have it in the overhead console thing, which on your truck is probably a little cubby.

You also have an 07, which I believe had some electronic changes as far as that sort of stuff goes.

K. I have no overhead console at all... No fun...