What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm mildly curious but it's driving my wife crazy and she told me to post it in here. It's the cover behind the rear view mirror. She wants to know what it is and what it does?

View attachment 505634
Its called the Drivers Assistance System Module.

It contains the camera sensor and radar sensors to operate the Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic High Beam Control, Lane Departure Warning system, Forward Collision Warning, and Advanced Emergency Braking system.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 79514 miles

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Drove Rogers Pass in 94' in a 66' Granada 2dr in the middle of a snowstorm at night after it opened up from being closed due to avalanches and spending two days in Salmon Arm waiting for it to open. In zero visibility, and a transport so far up my **** it was damn near pushing me out of the way.... I know that road well, and there were also no guardrails present when I drove it then.

One mistake and no one is looking for you! You just become one with the mountain!

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
CanuckRam 1313, Yep, it was winter, and being BC , freezing rain , Dad was about 25mph,heading down hill, came up behind some one at 15mph and he just touched the brake and it hung the front end of the 51, or 53? Buick over the cliff till the frame hung up on edge of road, I still remember it like it was last week.
A sanding truck came along and pulled up back on the road. It was straight down a few hundred ft at that spot.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Try the Alaska hwy in the winter about 40 years ago in a crappy 1962 ford one ton good I was young and stupid did it twice people that live up in the Toulon have my respect

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
That is the "ESCM". EJECTION SEAT CONTROL MODULE. Only operates the passenger seat. It is voice activated by back seat driving.

It works standing still or at mach one.
Man I need that for a friend’s wife. He’s a UPS driver @she criticizes my driving constantly. “Let Eddy drive,” well why didn’t we take Eddie’s truck? One day I frickin’ blew my top! “Shut the F up” I screamed. That got her attention… finally