What is your tire pressure BF Goodrich all terrain ko2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evanxrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I just picked up a new set of BF Goodrich all terrain ko2 tires for my 2014 Dodge Ram Sport

After I left the shop my tire pressure it's not exactly equal between all four tires and varies from 365 kPa to 370 which is between 50 and 51 pounds per square inch

Anyone have any guidance in terms of what recommended pressure you have your tires

I am noticing some slight vibration when traveling between 100 and 120 kilometers per hour

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Isn't the max pressure per the sidewall on those somewhere around 44 psi?

Being stock size, I would run close to stock pressure, maybe bump it up a bit for wear/mpg.

Edit: i can't find that size KO2 on tirerack....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn’t that stock size? If so BFG or not when in doubt open your door and read the info label and use the psi in there if you’re stressing out about it.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have 35x12.5x17 KO2 tires and I run either 45 or 50. Usually 50 in every season except for Winter when I air it down a little for the snow/slush.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See photo4a49c9d5d2e58f3e2b152285ae660c5f.jpg

I don’t see that size for a BFG KO2

Per their website, I see a LT 275/60/20 load range D 119/116S

As info, the max load of the stock P275/60/20 is only 2365 lbs............
Use that number to determine the MINIMUM psi for proper load carrying capacity of whatever tire you’re running.

If you are in fact looking at the LT 275/60/20 KO2’s, you need right around 47.5 psi minimum

If you’re curious how I figured that out, google load inflation table, Toyo PDF version is a pretty good one.

Last edited:

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have 35x12.5x17 KO2 tires and I run either 45 or 50. Usually 50 in every season except for Winter when I air it down a little for the snow/slush.

I have 35 on 20's, did the chalk test and 46 is just about right unloaded.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I just picked up a new set of BF Goodrich all terrain ko2 tires for my 2014 Dodge Ram Sport

After I left the shop my tire pressure it's not exactly equal between all four tires and varies from 365 kPa to 370 which is between 50 and 51 pounds per square inch

Anyone have any guidance in terms of what recommended pressure you have your tires

I am noticing some slight vibration when traveling between 100 and 120 kilometers per hour

If you’re running the stock size BFG KO2’s in the 20’s, BFG themselves is probably going to tell you to run 55psi with a minimum of no less than 50psi. At least that’s what they told me when I had those tires. Keep in mind, those are an 8-ply LT tire and your stock Goodyear’s are only a 4-ply P-rated tire.

If you got a vibration, I’d take them back to get them rebalanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn’t that stock size? If so BFG or not when in doubt open your door and read the info label and use the psi in there if you’re stressing out about it.

Lol, if you’re going to be switching to a light-truck tire from a passenger-rated tire, you better not be using that door jamb sticker. Two different makeups of tires that require two different pressure requirements.

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol, if you’re going to be switching to a light-truck tire from a passenger-rated tire, you better not be using that door jamb sticker. Two different makeups of tires that require two different pressure requirements.

Yes, but the size/rating the OP quoted is 1. Not a KO2, and 2. A 114s p-rated tire.......so door jamb is appropriate here.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, but the size/rating the OP quoted is 1. Not a KO2, and 2. A 114s p-rated tire.......so door jamb is appropriate here.

Yes, I realize that but you can’t go off what the OP posted for tire size in all of it’s entirety when he was asked about size because he just took a random screen shot of that size tire, but in a P-rated tire which was confusing to everyone.

But see, my response that you are quoting was originally to what this dude below said because he thinks just because it’s stock size that you can use stock pressure, and that’s not always the case. That’s why I told him what I told him.

ram1500rsm said:

Isn't the max pressure per the sidewall on those somewhere around 44 psi?

Being stock size, I would run close to stock pressure, maybe bump it up a bit for wear/mpg.

Edit: i can't find that size KO2 on tirerack....

And see, you misunderstood too. You’re not gonna find a 275/60/20 BFG KO2 anywhere, to my knowledge, in a P-rated, 4-ply passenger tire. I don’t even think BFG makes a KO2 in anything less than a 6-ply.

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, I realize that but you can’t go off what the OP posted for tire size in all of it’s entirety when he was asked about size because he just took a random screen shot of that size tire, but in a P-rated tire which was confusing to everyone.

But see, my response that you are quoting was originally to what this dude below said because he thinks just because it’s stock size that you can use stock pressure, and that’s not always the case. That’s why I told him what I told him.

And see, you misunderstood too. You’re not gonna find a 275/60/20 BFG KO2 anywhere, to my knowledge, in a P-rated, 4-ply passenger tire. I don’t even think BFG makes a KO2 in anything less than a 6-ply.

Agreed, to an extent, and I will stop taking this thread off course. But you were talking LT rated tires, which, this OP stated in his screenshot these are not. If he wanted information on an LT tire, he should have screenshotted an appropriate Size/Spec. He didn't. We are answering the question posed by his "clarification" response screenshot, not the question assumed from his original post.

His title and OP talk about a KO2, but the screenshot of what the OP said they were getting is of something else entirely. I answered based on the evidence provided in responded screenshot, not in their text as clearly the text and the screenshot are not of the same tire.

Cheers and beers!

:cheers:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, to an extent, and I will stop taking this thread off course. But you were talking LT rated tires, which, this OP stated in his screenshot these are not. If he wanted information on an LT tire, he should have screenshotted an appropriate Size/Spec. He didn't. We are answering the question posed by his "clarification" response screenshot, not the question assumed from his original post.

His title and OP talk about a KO2, but the screenshot of what the OP said they were getting is of something else entirely. I answered based on the evidence provided in responded screenshot, not in their text as clearly the text and the screenshot are not of the same tire.

Cheers and beers!

:cheers:

Doesn’t really matter what he posted, anybody who knows anything about BFG tires knows that they are a light-truck tire and not a passenger-rated tire. But you’re right, he coulda just typed the size rather than just posting a cropped screenshot. I just can’t believe people saw that P and ran with it when they most likely knew better.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I wish the topic was as exciting for me as it's for you. The door sticker for me is more of a generic indication of what the manufacturer recommendation is for the tires they put on the truck. I run less than the recommeded psi in my own particular application as i'm more interested in tire contact patch. I'll let you stress out about the tire psi and tire rating yada yada yada.

On a more interesting note and being honest with you i don't give a damn about the sticker, Thats from me to you, and since you want to know what i think let me you what i care about my tires: most important thing for me is having strong sidewalls, thats pretty much it. I don't give a damn about tire weight, don't give a damn about noise, don't give a damn about mpg, my tire/wheel combo weights 100lbs each, and the truck rides like a Cadillac at 36psi cold. What else can i tell ya ??? i better not be using the jamb sticker ? What makes you think i give a damn about what you think i should be running PSI wise ?

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Makes me wonder if I should bump up from 46. I did the chalk test at 46 and they looked great. I might bump it up to 50 or 55 and do it again.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish the topic was as exciting for me as it's for you. The door sticker for me is more of a generic indication of what the manufacturer recommendation is for the tires they put on the truck. I run less than the recommeded psi in my own particular application as i'm more interested in tire contact patch. I'll let you stress out about the tire psi and tire rating yada yada yada.

On a more interesting note and being honest with you i don't give a damn about the sticker, Thats from me to you, and since you want to know what i think let me you what i care about my tires: most important thing for me is having strong sidewalls, thats pretty much it. I don't give a damn about tire weight, don't give a damn about noise, don't give a damn about mpg, my tire/wheel combo weights 100lbs each, and the truck rides like a Cadillac at 36psi cold. What else can i tell ya ??? i better not be using the jamb sticker ? What makes you think i give a damn about what you think i should be running PSI wise ?

First off, I don’t give a rats ass what you run your tires at as I could care less. Second, my response to you was for what you were telling the OP so uh, pipe the hell down. Which is kinda funny because your response to him kinda contradicts what you’re telling me. You basically told him no matter what he was running- BFG or not, to just follow the door sticker.

OP
OP
E

evanxrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tire specs...if the first were not specific enough79fc732d683a70957c91fed1a34c40ac.jpg789cf882ed5c3576d2837b8a3a763d6c.jpgd6a3d8f33c597c6144f539b13ad92eb7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BillsRam