What kind of manual trans fluid ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatramdude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 with the 5.2. Its a 5 speed. Replacing the tranny I was wondering what brand fluid should I put in the trans. From what I've seen the only real fluid for this truck is the Mopar brand. I was thinking about the Royal purple. Is it any count ??d72a4d32683ffa04f5050fc725000018.jpg

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Thatramdude

Thatramdude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
No one has helped me and I'm putting the tranny in this Friday. Just need some opinions on what fluid too put in her

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So just a heads up, you can get the factory service manual for your truck from here.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...2nd-generation-dodge-ram-service-manuals.html

After digging through it I didn't see anything about type but I found stumbled on this when looking up the NV3500:

Found on Wikipedia...

Wikipedia said:
Lubricants for the NV3500:

Capacity:

• NV3500 4.2 pints DRY is stated in the Owners Manual and the Service Manual.
  • NV3500-HD 2.0 Litres is stated in the Owners Manual and the Service Manual.
    • When performing a fluid change some of the old oil will not drain out.

People over on pavement sucks mentioned the same thing. Sorry for the late response. These forums seemed to have slown down recently. I'm not sure if it's because 2nd gens are getting too old for younger people or if it's the site in general. >.>