What kind of mileage are you getting with a Hemi and 3.92 gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I'm looking for a bed cover myself.
a lot of in town driving will kill your average. these 8 speed trans have very low first gear. my '19 had the 8hp75 which had 5.0 first gear. I never kept track of city mileage but it was not very good. where my 5.7 3.92 shined tho was on the road.

Da Slug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No. Studies have shown covering the bed does not aid in aerodynamics unfortunately. You have the right-lead foot disease.

Jokes aside, these truck are heavy. 22 Classic RCSB 4x4 weighs 5,030 lbs. Porker. With 3.21 gears I average a hand calculated 15mpg mixed city and interstate. Mostly stop and go city as our infrastructure is trash. Cruising 65 down back roads, the computer will read 22 to 23 but not sustainable here once you hit a populous area. That's MDS deactivated.

Not the hemis fault. My 98 GMC with 5.7 Vortec gets about the same with 140 less horsepower. Modern trucks are heavy. My 17 2500 with 6.4 gets 9 to 11mpg mixed towing. The 1500 feels like a prius compared.
Ok, I guess I should also say that I'm going by the the mpg that the display is saying, I guess I need to figure it by hand to make sure it's accurate. In hindsight I may have a heavy right foot, but I doubt that cuts it by 5-6 mpg... But I could be wrong