what setting is best for bilsteins 5100 14 ram sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With all of the problems on the 14 levels you may want to stay at 2.1. As for the rear's, they're just shocks. They don't adjust the height. You'll need a spacer on the coils for that.

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im very happy @ 2.1". Was deal level, now settled a tiny bit.

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2.1 in my sig. I had the 4x4 vibrations @ 2.8 on my 11 so I tried the 2.1. So far so good, but if they start selling the drop brackets for the front diff I will yank them out and set them at 2.8. I went ahead and got mevotech UCAs while I put the bilsteins in. Didnt want to chance loosing a BJ on the weak stock UCA.

OP
OP
mxblaster83

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
2.1 in my sig. I had the 4x4 vibrations @ 2.8 on my 11 so I tried the 2.1. So far so good, but if they start selling the drop brackets for the front diff I will yank them out and set them at 2.8. I went ahead and got mevotech UCAs while I put the bilsteins in. Didnt want to chance loosing a BJ on the weak stock UCA.

do you have a lft too? what size tires are those?

did you only replace uca not the lower/

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have a 1.5" body lift on the truck as well. the tires are 35x13r18. I only replaced the upper uca as people were popping those with a level on the newer trucks. havent heard anything on lowers being weak yet.

OP
OP
mxblaster83

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i have a 1.5" body lift on the truck as well. the tires are 35x13r18. I only replaced the upper uca as people were popping those with a level on the newer trucks. havent heard anything on lowers being weak yet.

very nice.you remember the offset of the wheels? are thoses grabbers?

i ordered a set of the ucas from carid 170 shipped to canada best ive seen.
waiting to hear back from moes on the 5100s did you put the bilsteins on the rear too?

OilCityOperator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just put bils @ 2.1 on my 13 sport tonight, ended up pretty much perfectly level 39" rear 39" front , ill post back after allignment

BlueWrapper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
With all of the problems on the 14 levels you may want to stay at 2.1. As for the rear's, they're just shocks. They don't adjust the height. You'll need a spacer on the coils for that.

What problems are the 14s having? Is it an issue with the trucks or the bilsteins?

h2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Angles are different than earlier 4 Gens. People are popping ball joints.

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the wheels are -12 offset. yes the tires are terra grapps. no bils in the back cause the only lift in the back is the body and that leaves the suspension geometry stock. maybe later when they need replacing I will go with them.

11BPSMIKE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New uppers aren't needed with the Bilsteins, I've done 2.1 and 2.8 on 2014's with no issues at all.

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is the kind of info I was looking for. I have my pair of 5100 ready to go in. Wasn't sure how concerned I needed to be about installing a better uca while I was in there.
I'm still trying to understand why there is ball joint issues with the spacer and not shock.

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm still trying to understand why there is ball joint issues with the spacer and not shock.

Think about when you jack the truck up and the front suspension hangs down, loose. With Bilsteins, the drop will be almost the same as stock. When you use a spacer lift, the wheels will drop much more than stock. That extra drop is what kills the ball joints.

Without going into detail, the Bilstein's lift the truck by increasing spring preload. Spacers increase lift my making the whole shock assembly longer. Very different.

Ram83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Think about when you jack the truck up and the front suspension hangs down, loose. With Bilsteins, the drop will be almost the same as stock. When you use a spacer lift, the wheels will drop much more than stock. That extra drop is what kills the ball joints.

Without going into detail, the Bilstein's lift the truck by increasing spring preload. Spacers increase lift my making the whole shock assembly longer. Very different.

So you figure bilsteins are better then the spacer for a 2014 ram?

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Thanks makes complete sense, didn't think of it like that with the spring rate difference.

Ram83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
well i hope i dont have safety issues with a balljoint coming off due to having kids in the truck.

im getting the bilsteins install by dealer on monday(due to warrenty)
should i tell them to set them at 2.1?

i want perfect level.im not towing again

tttrv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New uppers aren't needed with the Bilsteins, I've done 2.1 and 2.8 on 2014's with no issues at all.

YES new UCA's are required. Ive got a 13 with bils @ 2.1 and had to do the zone UCAs.

truck sits a hair raked, about 5mm @ 2.1

Ram83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
YES new UCA's are required. Ive got a 13 with bils @ 2.1 and had to do the zone UCAs.

truck sits a hair raked, about 5mm @ 2.1

Geez...wel which one is it? did your balljoint pop thats why you had to put on new UCAs

JCARTER7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I JUST DID THIS INSTALL YESTERDAY AND I WENT WITH THE 2.1 SETTING BECAUSE OF ALL THE PROBLEMS AT 2.8.
(PICTURE BELOW)

23ifc6s.jpg