What should I pay for this warlock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Coming from driving a car it’s awesome!
Just really pay attention to the threads involving oil and filters. At some point you may have the hemi tick. I briefly had it, but I was able to save the motor. My truck is about to roll 160k and it is still going strong!

OP
OP
G

GetWestern

Reaction score
Just really pay attention to the threads involving oil and filters. At some point you may have the hemi tick. I briefly had it, but I was able to save the motor. My truck is about to roll 160k and it is still going strong!
Did you just change oil types for your truck ?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you just change oil types for your truck ?
I went with a different oil and filter. Same weight. Just because one oil and filter combo work with one engine, that doesn't mean yours will like it. I seriously would read up on it and determine what works with yours. What works with mine is seafoam in the crank case driven 100 miles at 60 mph and then the oil changed. I found that my truck likes 5w30 Castrol edge and a puralator boss filter. I run seafoam through it once a year. Its quiet. I also added lubeguard to it last year. Its probably due to add another bottle on the next oil change.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I second that ^. I did *some* research but not enough before my first oil change. Put 5W20 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in it with a K&N filter and half a bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil. That oil filter drain back valve apparently wasn't working right, the truck would clatter and make all kinds of noise for the first couple seconds at start up. Plus the oil pressure was low. Only ran that for a week.

Swapped it all out with 5W30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and a Royal Purple 20-820 filter and a bottle of LubeGard Biotech, all of which is highly recommended on here. No more dry starts/valvetrain clatter and got my hot pressure back. Truck is much happier now.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YUP< proper MX, good filters and good oil and lubegard not hurt either. Most important with these friggin trucks, is Good MX. And not at 10k either, 7500 OK, working, U may wanna consider 5000 mile changes and tire rotation. Just saying.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
YUP< proper MX, good filters and good oil and lubegard not hurt either. Most important with these friggin trucks, is Good MX. And not at 10k either, 7500 OK, working, U may wanna consider 5000 mile changes and tire rotation. Just saying.
I run 5-6k oil changes with mine. I am still old school and the 3k mile changes so going to 6k still drives me nuts. I run the same oil in my wifes Jeep and its at almost 20k now and two years old and its loved Castrol edge and the puralator boss filter.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks man! Just hope my jealous crazy neighbor doesn’t pour sugar something bad down the gas tank.
Were you making a joke or is that really something your neighbor would do?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could see him doing it, he’s bitter old guy living off welfare and the generosity of his land lord (my in laws) and hates anyone doing better than him. He legitimately believes the earth is flat.
Buy him a Globe for Christmas. lol... :rolleyes::33::angels25: