What size subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailhoes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What is the biggest size subs I can fit under the rear seat of my 05 ram quad cab?

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm modifying an old Fox Acoustics box (1st gen) to fit a pair of JL 12w6v2s. They should just fit when I'm done. Slightly concerned on airspace, but they've been good to me in various boxes. I'm welding an amp rack in awhile to fit the amps behind the seats. Should look 100% stock in the back with slightly higher seats.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would much rather go with a smaller subwoofer with optimal airspace than worry about the largest I can barely squeeze in there. An 8" subwoofer with proper airspace will sound better than a 12" subwoofer in an enclosure that is too small.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've modeled it. I've had a 12, a 10, and 2 10s in previous Rams. These subs sound great. I've had them infinite baffle, big sealed, small sealed, ported tuned low. Just never in a Ram. We'll see. I have processing capability and plenty of audio tools if I need them. I'm trying to avoid recutting the whole top. The Ram isn't bass friendly in my experience. Like most crew cab trucks.

But he's right that determining your system is more than cone area. You need to plan and put in work to get good results.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I bought a premade box for my 04 from walmart.com. $69 and I stuck two 10" DVC Fosgate Prime subs in it powered by 600 watts of Kicker sub amp. They sound fantastic!!!

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Quite honestly it all comes down to what style of music you listen too. Also having a good crossover and solid reliable amp make a huge difference as well.
My older 02' ram had a 2 10" MTX box with MTX drivers with a 800watt Alpine 2 channel amp dedicated to the subs and it freakin rocked.
My style of music is heavy rock to country (no rap crap) crossover setting were at lo pass filter at 75-80k

Thorsax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum V8
Try a set of "Shallow Mount" subs. I have a set of 13.5" JL Audio (13TW5v2) behind the seats in my old K10. The mounting depth is only 2 5/8" deep! Plus they only require .8 cu. ft. of air space per sub! Get an 8" or 10" and some are less than .5 cu. ft. per sub.

Power is the issue! You can get a 10" sub to sound better/louder than a 12" sub. Just buy a sub with decent power handling and get a big, clean power amp.