What would you add to make your Ram ideal for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
More like what would I subtract. About 150,000 miles. My truck just turned over 200,000 miles. Like everything about it.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see a lot of "I wish my A/C were better" posts. Maybe it's only because mine is new, but it gets really hot here - upper 90's, or better - and I have to turn my vents away from me half the time because it's to cold having the air blowing directly on me.
BC when the 5th Gens first came out, RAM used inferior parts on the systems. They put out 2 separate TSB's to "fix". I had the 1st one done, and it is still at best fair. A lil better when running hard on the highway. SO either I put in a valve to shut off coolant flow to core or use clamp on hose. Just how it is.

Earlgun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no idea what to add to help with the ride (adjusting tire psi doesn't help with this ride) but if it was within reason I would love to make my truck ride better. I like the truck for the most part but it is miserable to drive compared to other 3/4 tons I've owned and driven.
Mine also. Rough ride since day one,,,,until there's a load on it.

Earlgun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like my truck. I've never needed more power (never thought I would say that). However,,,,,,,,Need better colder stronger air for sure! Would help to have that better air blowing into the back seat with rear vents. Backup cam and side cams on the mirrors. Nice flatbed with some boxes underneath. Better seats that are more comfortable. And I like the sound of the telescoping steering wheel that someone else mentioned. For the 'it ain't happening' wish list, really would like my truck to morph into mega cab dually with the same turning radius I have now. :D

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Tulecreeper, I bet you're the one in your house that complains about the house being cold! :)
Our house is really well insulated. Even with the outside temp at or above 100, we keep the A/C set at about 80...occasionally dropping it to 79. If we had it set any lower than about 78 there would be icicles hanging from the ceiling. :smoke2:

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Out house is really well insulated. Even with the outside temp at or above 100, we keep the A/C set at about 80...occasionally dropping it to 79. If we had it set any lower than about 78 there would be icicles hanging from the ceiling. :smoke2:
I am decently insulated, but I seriously need New Winders, just not got the over 10K for it. My AC stays set at 76, and my Heat stays set at 73. I have manual thermostat just throw switch ref heat/AC.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Out house is really well insulated. Even with the outside temp at or above 100, we keep the A/C set at about 80...occasionally dropping it to 79. If we had it set any lower than about 78 there would be icicles hanging from the ceiling. :smoke2:
Hey set it lower and hang beef, LOL. Just do not forget the salt, lol.